• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Never really read before...

New Shoes

Hey y'all! As you can see, I'm brand new around here. I just thought I could get some help from some of you. I've never really been much of a reader. Both of my parents love to read, but I never really got into it. There have been a couple of books however, that I read and got caught into it. I can see how it would be fun, I just don't know what to read.

I read Da Vinci Code a few years back. I know a lot of people don't like the book from a writing standpoint, but I enjoyed it because of the suspense and action in the book. Any suggestions for that kind of genre?

I also loved the movies Cinderella Man, Pursuit of Happyness, and Invictus. Is there inspirational books like these films that are good to read as well?

You seem like the Mystery type.

I have(These are first books in a series,and suspenseful or fun Mysteries,or thriller):
Storm Front by Jim Butcher
Eye of the Storm by Jack Higgins
The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

I would suggest the Harry Bosch series,but you do not seem like that kind of person.

Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror by Steve Alten is about a badass ex-marine taking on a huge Megladon shark that surfaces from the deep. It's a funny novel,very suspenseful,and full of gore and action.

Back