• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

new author

tammy

C. J. Box' - Joe Pickett Novel, "Blood Trail" is a really page turner, but I was half way thru the book before I realized it was in the middle of a series. Like most people I want to read the first thru the last in order. Now I have to go to the library and get the first 7 books to catch up to why/what "Joe" just did in this book. I really like Joe's attitude he could be a real good movie draw.

C. J. Box' - Joe Pickett Novel, "Blood Trail" is a really page turner, but I was half way thru the book before I realized it was in the middle of a series. Like most people I want to read the first thru the last in order. Now I have to go to the library and get the first 7 c to catch up to why/what "Joe" just did in this book. I really like Joe's attitude he could be a real good movie drawi.

There's quite a few of the Joe Pickett novels. I've enjoyed them very much. It would be best to read them in order, since family, job, duties all evolve over time. Good characters and strong sense of place.

Welcome to Murder We Schmoozed.

There's quite a few of the Joe Pickett novels. I've enjoyed them very much. It would be best to read them in order, since family, job, duties all evolve over time. Good characters and strong sense of place.

Welcome to Murder We Schmoozed.
Thanks, and yes I enjoyed Joe's storyline very much and I will start from the beginning when I can get a minute to order a few from the library, why ask for one when I know I will want two, or three. :) There are awesome characters in Box' books and am looking forward to flying thru this series, it's a great involvement into the wild part of the of the wilderness, and camping. I love that part of the book.

Tammy,

If you like Box's Joe Pickett books, you might want to check out Joseph Heywood's Woods Cop mystery series featuring Grady Service, a game warden who works in Upper Michigan. It's best to read this series in order also, because Service undergoes MAJOR changes in job and persona life as the series progresses. Sense of place and characters are good.

Are you familiar with Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire series, the basis for the TV series? Longmire is one of my favorites. much the same "feel" as Pickett and Service.

Tammy,

If you like Box's Joe Pickett books, you might want to check out Joseph Heywood's Woods Cop mystery series featuring Grady Service, a game warden who works in Upper Michigan. It's best to read this series in order also, because Service undergoes MAJOR changes in job and persona life as the series progresses. Sense of place and characters are good.

Are you familiar with Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire series, the basis for the TV series? Longmire is one of my favorites. much the same "feel" as Pickett and Service.
thank you so very much, I'm running thru my Cross series by James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta Novels. I read what I could get my hands on, reading a choice from my works library, Tara Taylor Quinn's In Plain Sight, It had so many twists I felt like a screw, LOL, but it was really good. I hope she makes a series out of that book. Will look for Heywood books thanks again:)

Back