• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Books

Books for 50P and £1!!! That could never happen here. Books are quite expensive here. A cheap paperback costs about £10. Hardbacks cost up to £30-40.

You can get 2nd hand books, but they are not always that cheap. It depends on the quality of the book, whether it is out of print or not, and other things.

I have a friend i Northampton, and they have a book shop - can't remember its name - where you can buy classic and new paperbacks for 99P, £1.99, £2.99.

You can imagine how heavy my suitcase and bags were, travelling home.

Hobitten

phil_t said:
God Bless WHSmiths :) Not content with messing up at the counter and giving us 9 books for £30 in their 3 for 2 a couple of weeks ago - now they run a stock clearance on their books!!

Paperbacks for 50p, Hardbacks for £1!! And im talking good books here - not tat!!!

Me and Ice picked up 11 books for £8 :D

Including -

Neal Stephenson - Cryptonomicon (50p!! Yay!!)
2 Iain Banks Hardbacks for £1 each (Dead Air was one)
Ice got a computer graphics book for £1 that normally costs £50!!
Redemption of Althalus & 2nd book of the Jerle Shannara series
Rama II - Arthur C. Clarke
And loads more :D

Phil (who loves cheap books :cool:)

That'll be my Monday evening spent down WHSmiths then. Thanks for tip off Phil.

Dont know if its every store - it was probably just a one-off clearance in my local store to get rid of all the stuff in their stock room that they didnt want - it was terrific though :)

They had The Scar by China Mieville & Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan too, but i already had them both :(

Phil

Back