• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

new & happy to be here

Jenem

kickbox
i can't believe i didn't look for this site sooner. i've complained for so long about never having anyone to talk about books with. thank the gods for the net! :)

a little about me: i live just outside of vancouver, bc. my favorite book genre is post- apocalyptic, but i enjoy pretty much anything set in any time outside of the present, especially with lots of action/adventure. right now i'm reading Oryx and Crake, which is excellent.

favorite books:
the day of the triffids
weaveworld
battlefield earth
monsoon

i look forward to spending time here!!

thanks, guys! i'm new to this kind of forum setup. how do i get my pic to display? i uploaded it and it shows in my settings but not on my posted message.

Jenem said:
thanks, guys! i'm new to this kind of forum setup. how do i get my pic to display? i uploaded it and it shows in my settings but not on my posted message.
go to user cp and then to edit your avatar. the picture you uploaded already is for your profile only. avatars are included in all your posts and can be a max of 64x64 in dimension

THANKS BUDDY!!!

hip hop, eh? my man is big on hip hop too. unfortunately, the only things he ever reads are lowrider and blvd mags :rolleyes:

no prob.

haha, i know how it to have a significant other that doesn't read. my on again/off again girlfriend won't pick up a book for anything. i'm glad i stumbled across this site because real life book groups are usually a little too wierd for me, and i sure can't discuss anything with her. lol.

Martin said:
Cool, do you know what area exactly?

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I think most of them are in Heemskerk and/or Beverwijk. I don't know very much about Holland, but my relations go there every few years for a big reunion

Buddy Knox said:
haha, i know how it to have a significant other that doesn't read. my on again/off again girlfriend won't pick up a book for anything. i'm glad i stumbled across this site because real life book groups are usually a little too wierd for me, and i sure can't discuss anything with her. lol.

my man tried once or twice to read my books, but he didnt get far (not that i read anything nuts)

i might have gladly endured weirdo book club doods, but there weren't any clubs in my area that i ever found. glad i found this place.

Hey Jenem, Welcome to the Madhouse .. i mean Forum ... no, really .. I meant forum, honest!! :)

Phil

lol thanks Phil - i dont mind a little madhouse in my forum :)

and thanks chewbecca, i'm having fun already!

Most of the people I know who are readers have significant others who don't read. My husband only reads the Dune series (the entire thing...he likes the new books, as well). I can't convince him to read anything else, though I know there are some authors out there whom he would enjoy.

Howdy and Welcome! I can't believe it took me so long to find a book forum either, geez, what was I thinking?

She was thinking of her family. Ain't that right Mom? :)

Welcome to The Family Jenem!

The guy with the X on his forhead is Wabbit. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eek:

RaVeN

Back