• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Neal Stephenson (kinda): The Mongoliad: Book One

You know they are all Prime Borrow enable, right?

Not as good as the first, better than the second. I see a bit more of the Two Titans influence in this one. They must have actually made a few of the morning meetings this time around.

Read the first one and really enjoyed it. Am finding the second one incomprehensibly hard to get into. I think the dominant author's voice changed or something. It feels like a completely different person (yes I know it is a collaborative effort) wrote it. My biggest complaint is the detail in the first one added to the story and didn't hinder the action while the second one feels totally bogged down. Not at all motivated to even try the third one at the moment. Very disappointing as after the first I really eagerly awaited the second. Good fantasy is hard to find these days.

It is a collaboration of a half dozen or so authors. I think the two big guns let the kids have their way in the second book, and agree there is a tangible difference.

I think the elders paid a bit more attention at the morning creative meetings for the third. :)

as I said .....
(yes I know it is a collaborative effort)

I think the elders paid a bit more attention at the morning creative meetings for the third.

Does this mean I can skip the second and just read the third? Because the second is not happening for me.

LOL and here I was hoping you had read the third and was coming up with a brilliant way of avoiding the turgid prose in the second while enjoying what was enjoyable of the first.

SIGH ... I guess that's that then. Such a pity.

I actually enjoyed the third one. Better than the second but still not on par with the first.

Stephenson and Bear are two of my favorite authors so unfortunately I will read anything with their names attached.

Back