• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

new to the board- bookbug :)

bookbug

hi to all-
just a quick howdy and let you know that I'll be visiting from time to time.
I'm a mom of 3 kids 2 boys 17 +9 and a daughter that is 4. I'm a nurse and work around my kids schedules and happen to be working this 4th of July here in the states(holiday pay yipee!), but basically I love to read all kinds of books! From kids (to help my kids to make good interesting choices to get them as hooked as I am) to historical fiction, suspense, mystery and non-fiction stuff like medical (plague) and biographies of historical figures. And even the romance type if the story line is right.
Well that's pretty much it. Thanks for letting me come aboard! :)

Welcome! Its so neat to see you encouraging your young ones to read. Have you managed to get them all hooked? :) What are your favorite books to share with your kids?

Ha! I thought it said bookhug at first. And I thought that was an interesting concept...

As it is though: welcome! ;)

Kaz is our last line of defense. If she says you're welcome here, that's good enough for me.

Enjoy your stay!

RaVeN

Thanks to all for the welcome!

Book hug? sounds good, I usually read in bed before I go to sleep, kind of like a hug?
VTChEwbecca- I've got my kids pretty much hooked, although my 4 yr old daughter is still learning to read I take her to the library all the time and let her choose and then I read to her! My 17 yr old son is pretty much reading what I like but much more sci fi than myself- he just finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. And last is my nine yr old who expects me to read everything he does!He is on book three of the Roman Mysteries by Caroline? Lawrence. For the most part I manage but I like to read a few of my own choices! LOL
Currently reading the Twylight Tower by Karen Harper. I read them all but out of order and so this is the last until a new one comes out. I hate reading series out of order!
Again thanks for the great welcome!
TTFN
bookbug :)

That's so cute that your 9 y/o wants you to read whatever he's reading...I bet it is nice to read together. I think its great that you managed to inspire your kids to be avid readers...its seems that so many young people hate reading these days, its always a joy for me to hear of children who enjoy reading.

well, ill make your day then- im 11 (shh, the server thinks im thirteen because my mom wasn't here wheni joined this thingy...) and i love reading!!!

Richard Rahl said:
well, ill make your day then- im 11 (shh, the server thinks im thirteen because my mom wasn't here wheni joined this thingy...) and i love reading!!!

:) Yay! Another young reader....may you never lose the passion for reading. Its the one thing that keeps me sane ;)

Well... :)

*shuffles feet* I'll offer em some cookies, that will fix things! :D Nothing you can't fix with some chocolate chip cookies! Mmmmmm! Well, apart from a global nuclear war... but everything else.

*offers bookbug some cookies*

Back