• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New to the forum

nowdream

Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have a very fortunate job that allows me to read approx 20 hrs a week. This allows me to go through a lot of books:) . However, all I've ever known about have been mainstream. Which is fine, but I'm hoping that the literary world is like the movie world, where I enjoy the blockbuster but the best and most thought provoking are usually "indies". I hope that this is a place where I can find great "below the radar" reads. Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to the future.

Gotta love a job where reading can be done. What's with the audi avatar? Welcome to the site.:)

Welcome! What sort of things do you like to read and we'll see if we can come up with some lesser known suggestions?!

What's with the audi avatar?

I drive an Audi TT and I absolutely love it!

I like all genres. From Dante's Inferno to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles to The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. Anything that has a good story I can get lost in. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Slightly obscure suggestion, and definately won't be to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed a book called Damage Land by Alan Bisset. It's an anthology of modern Scottish gothic fiction. I'm racking my mental library to think of anything else to suggest!!

...but I enjoyed a book called Damage Land by Alan Bisset. It's an anthology of modern Scottish gothic fiction. I'm racking my mental library to think of anything else to suggest!!

Thank you for the suggestion. From what I could find it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'll definitely be looking for it. Thanks again

Back