• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New to the forums

z_boy

Hello everyone, I just got to these forums and figured I would sign up. Whether or not I ever feel inclined to actively participate remains to be seen, but for now at least I'll have the option of giving my opinion here and there.

Welcome and enjoy yourself here! Z boy. :)

PS: what kinda books do you like?

PPS: like your avatar!

PPS: have you ever read that being and NOthingness? would like to know what do you think about it. I have that book under my pillow for pretty long time, but... :(

PS: Philosophy/philosophical novels and alot of classical literature.
PPS: Avatar is The Scream by Munch
Read Being and Nothingness a while ago, its definitely one of Sartre more difficult works. Got through alot of it but I'm sure I missed alot of important things :\ Right now I'm backing up a little and following existentialism from its roots back up to Sartre. Reading Descartes, Kant (not existential but alot of ideas came from him) Husserl, Heidegger, Schopenhauer (sp) etc. Maybe then I'll be able to understand everything he says. (

Don't bother, I already have a huge collection. I'm thinking of moving on to internal organs. Who wants to give me an internal organ!?

I'm more interested in the heart, thick with purple passion, blood, love and broken dreams. All tied up with a lovely blue ribbon. Give it to me in an old oak box that used to contain creamy white lovers letters.

Back