• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Writer

third man girl

Currently reading 'Life of Pi by Yann Martel' and 'Atonement by Ian McEwan'.

Recently completed The Magus by John Fowles, and I'm still confused!

I have been trying, for a year now, to write my first novel. Probably going about it the wrong way, but having fun and learning daily.

Welcome to the boards, third man girl. That's a confusing name you got there, Can I be so bold to ask where you got it from?

Cheers, Martin :D

I had intended it to be confusing! Thanks for being confused.

I took it from The White Stripes album - Elephant.
First line of song, Ball and Biscuit:

'Its quite possible that Im your third man girl'

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed that, I listen to that album almost every day!

Man! Silly me. Should have spotted that one! :(

Welcome Third Man Girl (cant keep calling you that, it must be shortened - suggestions anyone? :D ) Hope you enjoy the Forums!!

Martin, are you going to get annoyed again if i say 'Dont mind him, he's Dutch?? ;)

Phil

Nope, because I'm proud of it!

*quietly sobs*

Oh, and as for the shortening of the name: TMG? No? Yes?

*EDIT: Ooh and by the way, phil, did you know where the name came from? I thought so!

Well, no, but thats besides the point, i havnt bought a music album in about a year :)

TMG sounds good!! Yay, you are now officially TMG (believe me, these things can become hard to shake!!)

Phil :)

Buy?? What gave you the curious idea that i had any money left at all after the Christmas shop was finished?? :D

Phil :)

Okay. TMG is fine by me.

When I write, I am often inspired by song lyrics - not particularly the entire song, but an interesting phrase.

This seems acceptable to me, but if I get inspiration from a line in a book, it feels like cheating!

Thoughts?

TMG

Hey hey hey...

I said, no thoughts on that.

Doesn't mean I have no thoughts!

*Ooh, look, a fly*

*points*

Talking of flies, just realised I signed my name wrongly. Must have been thinking of my lab work: TBF - Tick Borne Fever.

Haven't quite got used to TMG yet [inspired by Phil's laziness :)]

Promise to try harder ...

TMG - Third Man Girl

Me, Lazy!!!! Never!!! :D

You sure you havnt been studying Tick Borne Fever a little too closely?? :p

Phil

No, Philip (who is too lazy to write his full name), but I've studied your profile, you 'Good-fer-nothin' Layabout' :)

Third Man Girl

Hmmmm, forgot to change my profile, that was when i was gainfully unemployed - now i have a fantastic job moving boxes around a warehouse!! :p

Phil

Oh yeah, its like work and play all rolled into one friendly package!! <insert heavy sarcasm> Cant you just tell how much i love my job!! :D Still, its only until Jan 17th and then i'll be a Good-fer-Nuthin' Layabout again!! :p

Phil

Moving boxes around a warehouse sounds fascinating.

I now have a clear picture in my head of a busy guy, careering top-speed around shelves, peering over the top of a trolley stacked three boxes high at a time.

The puzzle: what's in the boxes? Leather-bound books? Inflatable dolls? Body parts?

Third Man Girl

Back