• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newbie here

Jenna

Greetings. Thought I should introduce myself since I've already posted on a few boards. :D

I'm a writer and an editor for a small publishing house in Australia. No, I don't live there, but I work for them. The internet has opened up whole new worlds, donchaknow.

I write fantasy adventure, dark fantasy, fantasy romance and children's picture books. At the current time, I have only two books out - a picture book and a new release of a fantasy romance.

I love chihuahuas and other leetle doggies. But I also one day want to get a golden retriever. I had a black lab for 16 years. Loved her to death, but she was dumber than tree bark. :D I also love cats even when they puke all over my rug, and scratch up my furniture. I have two at the moment - a skinny, old torty, and a fat and nasty Turkish Van. My beautiful Siamese died a few years back of kidney failure. I also like ratties - had a bunch at one time, have none now. And fish. Just bought a nasty looking shrimp for my big tank.

My reading these days consists of the manuscripts that I read when editing. Lately those have included two inspirational pieces, a Vietnam war memory, a historical saga, a coupla YA books, a scifi, a coupla romances, a fantasy, and a vampire anthology.

My favs are fantasy and vampire books. I read mostly ebooks these days. I get new writers and cheap books that way. And I don't have to put anymore books on my sagging bookshelves. I don't like em, I delete em. I love em, I buy the paperback.

I also like to garden when the weather permits. Right now, too rainy, too cold, but looking forward to Spring.

Well, that's about it.

Hey Jenna :) Welcome to the Forums!!!

she was dumber than tree bark

:) Ive noticed that about a lot of labs, they will literally chase after anything that moves!! My dog (not a lab) insists on chasing after leaves in the park even though she knows perfectly well what they are - she just enjoys pouncing on them!!

Phil

LOL, wasnt teasing deliberately!! Anyway, i posted what it is in the other thread!! :D

Phil

PS: Im just gonna call it the not-a-lab from now on though, its cool!!

Hi Jenna :D

Welcome! I had some ratties and they are very intresting little animals. The only problem with them is they don't seem to live for too long. I have had four of them but don't own any at the moment.

Regards
Groovie Wabbit.

Hi Jenna & Welcome! I know I'm bound to catch some gruff here but I have no use for small dogs. Esp the yeppy spastic wanna take their batteries out and leave 'em at your in-laws kind.
I had a beautiful Newfoundland for nine years but he passed away not long ago. Excalibur's Raven Knight was my 200 pound puppy's name (hence my member name). What can I say. I miss the hell out of him.
sniff...sniff
Bill

I think my longest living rattie was 5 years. Most I've had at one time was 26. Yeah, my black lab ran smack into a tree once when she was a puppy. Then she fell in the lake and thereafter refused to swim. Hated water. My chihuahua is extremely quiet - he only barks when he's playing. Not the norm, I know. And he's a regular couch potato as well. His idea of a walk is me carrying him. LOL

G'day, Jenna. Welcome to our cosy little corner of the internet. Grab a chair, come sit with us at the fireplace, and lets talk books!

Cheers, Martin :D

Welcome Jenna.

There's a fireplace? I've never been invited to sit at the fireplace.

*Scratches head - thinking - must be the user name*

hey jenna
firstly welcome to this forum:D
nice to meet a writer.actually i m looking forward to writing books as a sparetime profession in the future.i have written one shortish fantasy novel;) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience
maybe with some guidance i could become a pretty good author
looking forward to it

Cory. I thinks it has more to do with your avatar, which is just lovely, by the way.

No, seriously!

Cheers, (a terrified) Martin :D

Back