• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newbie with a first book!

Elitist said:
Still Vicious

I am disappointed, but not surprised, that there are still some over bloated egos on this site, I haven’t checked the site in a couple of weeks but (again not surprised) that a few of you still need to pick on new comers in the forum.
I don't think it's a question of egos and people don't pick on new comers in general, only on those newbies who joined only to promote their books. If you read the link Stewart provided on self-promotion mistakes, you will understand why. Promoting your own book in a forum is fine; joining the forum and limit your participation to promote your book is not. Hence, the different reactions that these two types of behaviour get.

Elitist said:
I hope you are proud of yourself for getting published or publishing your book.

It's Publish America, not Random House. :rolleyes:

I would really like to read the stuff from the over blown egos that respond to these threads with so much jealousy and spite.

There's bugger all jealousy or spite (I take it I'm the ego you're euphemistically referring to?) involved: I clicked on the guys link, read an extract of his novel, and found it to be a poorly written piece of fiction.

Also, what's does my ability to read something have to do with my ability to write?

My point being what some consider typos might just very well be ignorance or jealousy.

Why don't you read the fucking thing before you start calling people names?

Consider this:

...she was pleasantly surprised to have spotted Caroline across over on the other side.

"Away across on the other side" - that's the same thing said three times.

Good luck AA and piss off to the ignorant
And a big piss off to the uninformed. :mad:

ralph1.JPG

My cats name is Mittens.

Here's another example:

She lay back onto a cushion, set deeply within the central deck of the boat. He joined her, and they engaged in a romantic conversation. As her eyes met his, Alcyone felt the most wonderful surge of passion sweep through her. Sensing her needs, as if it were the most natural thing in the world to do, he kissed her . . .

"They engaged in a romantic conversation."

What's the point? Show the romantic conversation. The reader is not thick; if they are walking along somewhere calling each other snookums, holding each others' hand, and talking about their feelings for each other then then reader can deduce that it's a romantic conversation. You have to show these things as it's insulting to tell.

I have to agree that it looks like AA is here only to promote his book, not to be a member of the forum.

I've read the excerpts and I agree with Stewart's assessments. Can't this particular thread be moved to the Writers' forum? It seems out of place in the Introductions.

I don't know if Mr. AA is here just to promote or not (I suspect he is), but I do know that the Synopsis on the link in his signature is one of the most painful things I have ever read!

I can't comment on the excerpts, as I could not force myself to read that far.

Elitist said:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I love this s@#$!

Woooooooooooohaaaaaaaa!

My book has just got its first sales ranking on Amazon.co.uk at number 144,344, ahead of its October 10th release date. I hope to see this gradually improve post-release as the latest marketing activity takes effect...

Wahhaayyyy!
:p

Back