• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

snaiky

Hi

I am new here to the Book Forum. This is my first post.

I live in Chicago with my husband and son, I am also expecting a baby in September 2006. This gives me a great reason to put my feet up and get into a good book!

My lovely husband just bought me the James Patterson book - The 5th Horseman. I have to say that he is one of my favorite authors. I have read nearly every book he has published.
The last James Patterson book that I read was Honeymoon and I started it and finished it in 1 day and a half! A bit naughty of me really because it meant I ditched doing everything else.

Anyway, it's good to be here and I hope I get lots of ideas about new authors. I do tend to find one and then get stuck with them.

Back soon!

Greetings!, I've been to Waukegan and Winthrop Harbor near there. Keep on postin'.:)

Welcome to the forum! :) I've read the two James Patterson books about the children with wings - The Lake House and er... the other one. Oh, and Maximum Ride, which is loosely connected.

Back again!

Thanks everyone for the greetings.

A couple of comments answers for you all! I recommend all James Patterson books, Big Bad Wolf is another one of his that I read relatively recently. I like the character that he uses alot 'Alex Cross'.

I'm actually about an hour away from Chicago, an area called Crystal Lake. Very nice, quiet and lots of corn fields! Beautiful in the Summer, Winters are really long.

Anyway, I'm off to check out other areas of the forum, I have some questions about Kids books so hopefully I'll get some answers.

Snaiky
http://www.eyespyaccessories.com

Hi, and a big welcome to TBW!:) . This is definetively a place for a person like you. I hope you enjoy it here.

theoptimist said:
Hello :) Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay! What do you recommend by James Patterson then? :cool:

Though the question was not asked to me, I would like to give my humble recommendation.:eek:

Well, if you want to read something of James Patterson, start with eitther 'Along Came a Spider' or '1st to Die'. The first, it's a captivating novel from beginning to end, and introduces you to Alex Cross, his most famous-or so I think- character as well as a marvellous crime-packed series (11 books so far, you don't need to read them all, though:D ). The second, I bet you'll love it. The first book of a series of five installments so far, this book introduces you to the Women's Muder Club, the name says it all, women and crime combined into explosive adventures.

You can also read some of his other novels as 'Season of the Machete', 'The Beach House', 'When the Wind Blows', among other, all as expectacular as the ones I first described.

Well, I hope this helped.:)

Back