• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newbie :)

alice

I've just realised I have forgotten to introduce myself, hey everyone!

I would introduce myself properly but Ive just wrote in my profile so meh ... I'm Alice by the way :)

Just wondering, are most people here young / old(er), writers, students, have a career involving literature ... or just bookworms like me?

Alice

Hi Alice! Welcome to the group! I'm trying to start being more active myself here. Anyhow, from what I've been able to tell, there's a good mix of people. Personally, I'm a late twenties bookworm, though I do love to write.

Welcome to the forum, Miss Wonderland.

I've known one Alice in my life - you might be her. But I doubt it. If you live on the same road as me, you're her, if not... you're not.

I'll have to go and read your profile now, before I start asking all kinds of ridiculous questions.

Nosferatu Man said:
Welcome to the forum, Miss Wonderland.

I've known one Alice in my life - you might be her. But I doubt it. If you live on the same road as me, you're her, if not... you're not.

I'll have to go and read your profile now, before I start asking all kinds of ridiculous questions.

Lol cheers ... how are you finding Perdido Street Station? I saw it in Waterstones the other day and pondered on buying it but it looks kinda strange ... but then I like 'strange' books :)

Oh and I live in Devon (wooh!) not Manchester so I don't think we live near eachother :rolleyes:

sanyuja said:
Welcome Alice! Are you coming straight from your wonderland? :D

Thankyou :)

Damn Lewis Carroll ... lol :rolleyes: , good job I like Alice In Wonderland isn't it?

Alice

Well, I really like Perdido Street Station, but if you'd asked me a few weeks ago, I would have been more enthusiastic about it. It's a pretty bleak book, and at times I just wish he'd show a bit of sunshine, but it's pretty good. I bought a load of books at the same time as Perdido... and have been buying a whole load more books since, and I've been a bit taken over by the others and haven't concentrated on it that much. I'm rushing a bit here, but I'll tell you more about it when I've got more space in my mind to think about it properly.

How much was it going for in Waterstones, anyway? I went in to the same shop in Stockport a few months ago, and it was about £12.99!!! I think. On Amazon it's a lot more reasonably priced.

I've been to Devon. Nice place, I recall. :D

Ah I phrased that badly, I saw it 'on' Waterstones (the website), I get all my books from Amazon ... I think it was like £6.00 or so new and £1 something second-hand, no contest :D

Yeh Devon's not exactly 'happening' lol but it's nice and quiet for reading I suppose , countryside and all *yawn* :rolleyes:

Alice

Oh right, I see. Yeah, I get all my books from Amazon aswell. I reckon I must have saved over a hundred quid by getting my stuff from there!

I don't like 'happening' places, anyway. I've heared that Manchester is very 'happening' but I don't bother to get myself involved. I want to move to Finland, incidentally. I've read a travel book about it, and it sounds really nice and peaceful. I'll just go and build my own hut in the depths of a forest, and live a nice, gorgeous life there.

Back