• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newt Gingrich: Days of Infamy

SFG75

I read an article where a librarian had a 40 minute commute to work. She read a book at home, listened to an audiotape while in the car, and then read a book at work during her lunch break. Being somewhat inspired, I decided to go with an audiobook. I selected Days of Infamy by former speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. If you like military history, this is the book for you! This story is about what would have transpired had Yamamoto attempted to make a second run at Pearl Harbor and if Halsey was in the area and decided to engage. The story is told from multiple character vantage points and the battle scenes are truly something else, I highly recommend it if you are a "techno-thriller" or military history buff.

An update of sorts-this audio book interest has started out really well. When I turn off the ignition, I know the CD player will start right up where I left off, I just have to remind my wife to turn off the radio knob if she drives.:D I'm on CD 6 of 10 and the action has definitely been lively. I'm not a military hardware buff, but I know enough of P-40s, hellcats/wildcats, to picture in my head how an aerial dogfight with a super fast zero would transpire. I'm not a big fan of Newt's politics, but he clearly shows his history education with the internal dialogue of various characters. One great scene includes a conversation between Churchill and Roosevelt agreeing to meet over the holiday season. I've read it numerous times and it never fails to be interesting, no matter who tells it.

Back