• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nice Surprise (Unexpected!)...

-Carlos-

The Florida Public Transportation Association held a state-wide writing contest last April. I submitted a short essay, if you can call it that: Click here to read the mess I submitted. Well I received an email today telling me that hundreds of assays were sent and that my entry was chosen as one of the Top ones- ranked 42nd best of all essays reviewed. The odd thing is that I wrote it without even correcting anything- type and submit; never thinking it would get any attention.

The writing is not worthy: bad mechanics, structure, everything actually. Ugly, ugly entry. If only I would of taken time writing it then maybe...just maybe. Ooh well.

Cool surprise though!'

Those judges must of been on acid because I would be embarrassed to showcase my words.

It's just a (nice) surprise. :cool:

__

Firstly, congrats on the story Aqua.

One small query... should it have said "blood sugar dropped" rather than "blood pressure dropped".

I noticed this because my wife is an insulin dependent diabetic.

Carlos,was this a contest or they asked for people to write their personal experience with the transit? and dude,the tablet he gave you could have negative affects with other meds you take,it could have been a lawsuit and not a nice surprise.

Back