• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nicholas Sparks: The Notebook

I saw the movie first and loved it, so I figured I would like the book. I was wrong - I hated the book because it seemed so shallow compared to the movie. This doesn't happen all that often, where the movie is better than the book, but I thought the actors did such a great job with the characters in the movie. When I sat down to read the book I was expecting the same thing and they just didn't measure up. Sorry...

don't be sorry, i TOTALLY agree. I much preferred the structure of the film compared to the book...the story unfolded way too quickly in the book, which seemed to water down the action, making it seem very superficial or shallow, as you say...i just didn't feel anything. this was such a shock to me, as it's not often i prefer a movie over a book. i loved the movie and like most, cried like a baby...

don't be sorry, i TOTALLY agree. I much preferred the structure of the film compared to the book...the story unfolded way too quickly in the book, which seemed to water down the action, making it seem very superficial or shallow, as you say...i just didn't feel anything. this was such a shock to me, as it's not often i prefer a movie over a book. i loved the movie and like most, cried like a baby...

I agree too. Usually its the other way around, where the movie doesn't go as deep as the book.

Back