• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nick Harkaway: The Gone Away World

Kempas

I just wanted to post here about this (the debut) novel by Nick Harkaway, to say that it is superb, and see if anyone else had heard rumblings of it?

I managed to get a proof copy through reviewing it, and it is truly a cracking read.

If anyone wants to read a little about it, I've written a review of it here (I hope it's okay to link to it?)

Anywho, one to watch out for if you like your books big, full of knowledge, eminantly enjoyable, and (for want of a less horror-based term...it's not a horror, only in some parts) gripping.

K

I was offered a review copy but knocked it back on the grounds that I'm not interested in fantasy, or whatever it actually is.

I wouldn't class it as Fantasy, so much as 'alternate reality' really, the events in the book being represented as scientifically feasible rather than completely impossible.

Parts of it are a bit 'out there', but it still smacks of the truths any good author/narrator can imbue a book with. Put it this way, it's not Hitchiker's Guide in surrealism.

Back