• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Night time reading: Can you do it? Do you do it?

like some have said i can't imagine not reading something before bed
in this recent hot weather i have been up till two or so at least.

Reading at night has become this terrible habit. I find myself glancing over at the (blurry) clock at 3 am and thinking..I'm so close to being done...just a few more pages. I love reading so much and I hate having to choose between it and sleep. Alas.

Samerron said:
Have anyone tried to read in the morning? Just when you wake up on Sunday and while still laying in your bed you grab the book you were reading last night and cover several pages. I've done it during vacations only, when I'm Mr. Lazy :D :rolleyes:

On weekends yes, never during the week days. I'm too busy trying to round up lunch, not to mention other stuff. I would never enjoy it if I did.

i can't go to bed without reading! and last night i lost myself in a book and was up until 2. i couldn't believe it when i looked at the clock!

lady.cordelia said:
i can't go to bed without reading! and last night i lost myself in a book and was up until 2. i couldn't believe it when i looked at the clock!

LOL-I do that on occassion, a fun thing to do, no doubt about it. At least, until the alarm goes off at 6 a.m.

I always read during the night time since I simply cannot fall asleep if I don't. I often don't choose excellent novels to read at night because I find it a pity to read them without my full attention.

ps sorry for the language errors, but English isn't my first language (at all)

I'm kind of funny, during the day I can't read in bed because 90% of the time I'll fall asleep. However at night, I'll often read in bed until my partner gets so upset with me because she wants to go to sleep and the light is on, that I leave and continue reading on the couch forever. I pretty much ONLY read at night.

Nighttime is the about the only time of day I can read! During the day I am too wound up/excited busy with whatever to concentrate on reading. I can relax and and read after about 8:00 or so in the evening.

Back