• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Norton Pain

Okay, now using Firefox (again, it seems slower than my previous browser, btw). Love the way it imported all my favourites!! This only thing I find incredibly inconvenient is the fact that the Google search window (which is still there - that's not a Google toolbar, is it? Just a search window, right?) doesn't bring up my search words in the browser bar like the toolbar did. I am a grad student and the ability to hit the words and find them easily int he document is the best thing about the Google toolbar. Is there any way to get that? Or is this a small price to pay for not being tracked by malicious Google?

Just a search box. You can use any number of engines - just click the little upsidedown triangle next to the G.

As for the search words question - I don't know anything about that. I'll have a sniff around though. Maybe someone else knows?

Sorry, I don't know. You could check out Amazon's serach engine called A9 but that tracks you as well. Google does preach "do no evil" so maybe you can just install the google tool bar. They recently released a version for Firefox ;)

PS: Miss geneviv's avatar too :eek:

Wabbit said:
Google does preach "do no evil" so maybe you can just install the google tool bar. They recently released a version for Firefox ;)
Hmm, might have to go that route. It's incredibly useful and I use it so frequently... But you got me on Firefox at least! So that should mean less risk of viruses and so forth, right?

Yup, certainly. It was recently recommended by Homeland Security for it's high level of protection. If you install the java scrip plug in then you will have even more security :)

Wabbit said:
Yup, certainly. It was recently recommended by Homeland Security for it's high level of protection.
Well it must be true, then! :rolleyes:

Wabbit said:
If you install the java scrip plug in then you will have even more security :)
What plugin is that? (Sorry I'm so clueless! I've been brainwashed until recently by Microsoft :eek:).

Back