• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now, for all the ladies...best romantic movie

I'll put in another vote for Last of the Mohicans - the story, the scenery, the music and, of course, Daniel Day-Lewis (great actor; great nose! - love him!)

BTW Just watched Cold Mountain. Now THAT is a romantic film. Best performances from Jude Law, the evil guy with the white hair, and Renee Zellybits (?) Has anyone read the book? How does it compare?

George Clooney? Sorry, Martin. But he acts and looks the same in every movie he makes. Thumbs up for Brad Pitt, though - not just a pretty face.

Third Man Girl

Renee Zellybits?! That made me laugh my arse off!

George Clooney. You would not be further from the truth if you'd be living on Mars! Ocean's Eleven and Out Of Sight? Okay, I'll give you those, but that just the role he plays, the charming conman. But compare those two characters to the characters he plays in The Coens's O Brother Where Art Thou?, Steven Soderberg's Solaris and especially Intolerable Cruelty (again the Coen brothers). Worlds apart. And besides all this, he's also a very good director. Just watch Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. He's definitely the leading man of hollywood right now (apart from a certain Mr. Aniston).

Cheers, Martin :D

Originally posted by Martin

George Clooney. You would not be further from the truth if you'd be living on Mars! Ocean's Eleven and Out Of Sight?

Cheers, Martin :D [/B]

Mars? You mean where all the men come from? :cool:

Okay, I admit it. I've only seen Clooney in those first two, plus ER and my mother's calendar. After that, I lost interest . . .

Third Man Girl

Tell me, was George Clooney in the film "From Dusk 'til Dawn" or am I getting mixed up?
third man girl - I agree with you on Mohicans, DDLewis was stunning.

I'm surprised no one has listed Titanic. And Third Man Girl, I've read Cold Mountain but haven't seen the movie so can't compare the 2.
Let this man cast another vote for Mohicans and for romantic comedy- Paint Your Wagon.

Clooney was in Dusk til Dawn, yes!!

Seriously though, Last of the Mohicans as Chick-Flick? (did i say Chick-Flick, i meant Romantic Movie, honest! :D )

Hearts being cut out, heads being chopped off, people jumping to their death - this is what you want in a Girlie Movie?? Damn, next time i go to the cinema im taking my fiancee to see Zombie Apocolypse instead of the lastest Hugh Grant movie!! :p

Phil

Ah! 'Zombie Apocolyps'! Fond memories!

Did you see the guy with the thing? And then he went to the place and the thing happened!? Remember that!?

Classic.

I'll always remember the legendary quote from 'Zombie Apocolyps':

Guy: "Hey!"
Zombie: "Bleeeeeerrrrggghhh"

Utter brilliance!

ps: TMG? Give mr. Clooney a chance! You'll love him!

Originally posted by Martin

ps: TMG? Give mr. Clooney a chance! You'll love him! [/B]

Nope! He had plenty of chances in 'ER', and he BLEW IT. He's just a face, a womaniser, no heart, no soul . . .

Daniel Day-Lewis is head and shoulders above him even when he resembles Hell's Back Passage (eg Gangs of New York).

Let's just agree on Brad Pitt ;)

Third Man Girl

You'll eat your words within a couple of years. Clooney's gonna win an oscar within, say, 5 years. Either as a director or as an actor.

That said, I did love Daniel Day Lewis's portrayal of Bill the Butcher in The Gangs of New York. That should've won an oscar!

Guy: "Hey!"
Zombie: "Bleeeeeerrrrggghhh"

Utter brilliance!

Its a verifiable classic, everyone should go see this movie ... take your kids, and your pets and your grandma!!

Phil

Phil?

Take my grandma to a Zombie-flick? My grandma is a Zombie-flick!

Cheers, (a terrified) Martin :D

Ummmmm, I'm not a chick... BUT! lol

There are two romantic movies that I just love and would both make my top 5 movies of all time list.

When Harry Met Sally
City of Angels

:D

Awww, i'm silly but i'm also soppy!!!!

Regards
Wabbit

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhh Meg Ryan fan!!!!

But seriously, City of Angels??? I almost fell asleep!!!

Phil

Originally posted by phil_t
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhh Meg Ryan fan!!!!

But seriously, City of Angels??? I almost fell asleep!!!

Phil

No, I'm not a Meg Ryan fan! She is cute tho. :p :)

Regards
Martin ( the other one lol )

PS: I thought to add my real name in postings now after reading the post about real names and it being friendly lol

SillyWabbit said:
Ummmmm, I'm not a chick... BUT! lol

There are two romantic movies that I just love and would both make my top 5 movies of all time list.

When Harry Met Sally
City of Angels

i'm going with city of angels, too!!
i love this movie and i like cheesy lovestories!! but i also must admit that blade is awsome!! :)

Back