• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now Reading

lies

I thought I'd start a Now Reading thread to get some more discussions in these parts... Maybe someone will recognize something someone else is reading, and voila, a new conversation is born!

Anyway: what I read this week:

The Scary Godmother 1 through 4: children's stuff, but fun to read anyways.

Avigon: This really intrigued me, actually. I'd never heard of Che' Gilson and Jimmie Robinson, but Avigon somehow got to me. I finished it and started all over (I know it's only 50 pages, but still)

Tank Girl: I don't think she needs introduction?

Lone Wolf 2100 - Shadows on Saplings written by Mike Kennedy and art by Francisco Ruiz Velasco.

Battle of the Planets - Witchblade written by Munier Sharrieff and pencils by Christina Chen and Jo Chen.

Birds of Prey Catwoman/Oracle 2 of 2 written by John Francis Moore and pencils by David Ross.

Trying to cut periodicals completely, and I'm down to:

Stray Bullets, Hellboy, Strangehaven (published about once a year now!), and Raven (UK small press comic).

Currently re-reading the Ennis/McCrea run of The Demon (back issues from 1993/4), plus Hellboy: Weird Tales #1 (2003) and the trade paperback collection, Usagi Yojimbo: The Brink of Life & Death.

Tobytook

Slow back to comics as far as I am concerned these days:
Just finished
Batman Prodigal: Quite like the change of persons covering for Batman and Robin - Brings life to the superhero
Touched the Green Arrow: Quite good: Good schematic symbolic art - story of decaying hero quite attractive as well
Prelude to the Authority, Stormwatch: Very good - cannot wait to get the rest of it :)
Gambit by Mackie: Good art if the colours were moved though - story line survived the examination :D
Was thinking of getting some by order - Anyone with specific advice? Something alike Authority, Watchmen? Cheers for any trick from more experts...

Morry

I know this isn't really the purpose of this thread, but anyway: I "read" the entire Dave McKean Narcolepsy exhibition. (took me a while as well!)

I make my refill tomorrow. I'll let know later on what is going on in my world - better than a war surely.;)
Morry

More seriously: I was thinking of making a refill of CrossGen, of the Authority series, of perhaps Morgana If the last one is out, and of Daredevil if they are not all out as usual.

Morry :D

Forge #12, It's the first Crossgen that I've read and very impressed with the artwork throughout the Compendia which includes Route 666, Sojourn, Negation, Meridian, Crux, The Path and a bonus stand alone story from the world of Ruse 'Archard's Agents'. My favorite of these stories being Crux.

Also picked up Smallville #1 and the X-Men 2 movie prequels Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Scion - Out of CrossGen
A. Moore
Witchblade
Authority had disappeared in the pockets of others as usual

Morry :)

Batman #613

Amazing Spiderman #51

Battle of the Planets #7 and #8

Tomb Raider #27 and #28

Tomb Raider : Journeys #11

Hello all :)

Fathom
Top 10 (Alan Moore)
Scion (again: So good! :p )
Zlot
Joker
Thinking to moving to the whole CrossGen business: Meridian and Crux seems great.
Demonia seems good as well.
Desperate after the Authority as well...

Read you all,

To those who like glaucous and decadent postmodern dystopian universes:
John Difool, detective class R, 's been translated into English.... :)

Could not find a refill yesterday. All and only crap Starwars mimickry...
Stuck to Top 10
More to do with it

MOrry;)

'I love and I hate and
I do not know why.'
Catullus

Authority N.1 (at last available... )
Monarchy poor remake of above (like Hollyhoaks: all the female characters look like the same, idem for the blokes)
Batman

Morry :):)

Back