• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

obviously, im new

verybaddmom

hello all. i dont think there is anything too original i can add to an introduction post, so i'll just give you the basics and move onto more interesting things:
this forum was recommended to me so i thought i would come and check it out. it seems interesting.
i am currently reading "The Jade Peony" by Wayson Choy, and have been slogging away at "Atlas Shrugged" for months. i just finished two books, "Pride and Prejudice" and "Wuthering Heights".
im a single mom, and im really NOT all that bad either. my son is 12 and almost a big a book worm as i am.
im in my third year of university, English Major, of course.
i live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, but i just moved there from BC.
that's all i can think of right now to tell you about myself, but feel free to ask anything you like.
oh, and i rarely use correct punctuation and capital letters in my forum posting, sorry, but i save all that for the academic papers.
im sure i'll see you soon on the boards.

Welcome!

How are you liking Jade Peony? It's one of my favourite reads in recent years. Whereabouts in BC are you from and how are you liking Calgary?

Enjoy yourself here!

Ell

Welcome to The Book Forum verybaddmom.

We try to keep things PG13 around here, and Bobby's warped sense of humour doesn't always fit into that. We have lots of visitors and members here from all over the world, and pictures of dead bodies (although I don't think that one was actually dead) aren't appropriate on this site.

Thanks.

Enjoy the rest of the site!

Darren.

i appreciate your explanation and while that makes perfect and acceptable sense, i wonder why it was not just the pic removed. i was enjoying my little debate with boy wonder there...

Hi verybaddmom
i like your avatar! i'm from vancouver, bc and have visited calgary a few times. i found it a friendly city. pride & prejudice is one of my favorite books - the a&e movie is excellent. welcome :)

Back