• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Oh, and by the way ..

so what you are saying is i have ugly legs, but gorgeous eyelashes? you ol' flatterer, you.

However ... did you know that you go to sleep at night on a pillow that is home to many thousands of dust mites ...which help keep our homes clean by consuming the tens of millions of skin cells we shed each day?

Wow. I knew they were there. Didn't know they were beneficial.

I've seen them! They're called dermata- derm- metamio- ligna- -- they make your eyelashes fall out and you go bald!

My hairdresser told me all about them. I even looked them up on my computer.

Almost everybody has them!

:eek:

(I just now clicked on Martin's 'eyelashes' and saw them again. Demodex, that's them. If you buy enough of my hairdresser's shampoo and stuff, they just may go away. Maybe. She has this thing called a Niolight that allows her to SEE them. Or to see their tracks!)

:rolleyes:

my doctor told me that because i have (had) a feathertop bed on my mattress, i may had added 10lbs of dustmites to my mattress. 10lbs???? needless to say, i got rid of the damned thing. i'm allergic, dustmites make me itch

I'm laughing! Ten pounds? Ten pounds? That a mite of dust mites! Probably about a zillion of the little critters. Or so. Maybe more!

:D

Jenem said:
my doctor told me that because i have (had) a feathertop bed on my mattress, i may had added 10lbs of dustmites to my mattress. 10lbs???? needless to say, i got rid of the damned thing. i'm allergic, dustmites make me itch

EWW. I had to wrap my mattress and all my pillows in these geeky pillow condoms, but at least I can breathe when I sleep. Just made a mental note to stay away from feather tops.

Wait! Wait! Wait!!!!

We have tiny little critters making whoopie and breeding like wabbits all over our faces. These things eat our dead skin, but never poop. Never need to poop.

And there are "pillow condoms"

And somebody tried to post that reading too much might deprive you of knowledge....

fascinating....

StillILearn said:
I'm laughing! Ten pounds? Ten pounds? That a mite of dust mites! Probably about a zillion of the little critters. Or so. Maybe more!
I KNOW! I was shocked when he said that. i kept having this mental picture of a big swarm of them in my mattress. the feathertop was off the bed as soon as i got home.

Martin said:
Well, that's a pity, because they are in your new mattress, too. You can't avoid them
bobbyburns said:
educate yourself to that reality.

i didn't get a new mattress, i just removed my feathertop. you can't avoid them but you can decrease your exposure and the number of them in your bed (which is why i got rid of the feathertop). i have to constantly change our bedding and have been considering buying one of those special mattress covers. they're so expensive and i just don't know anyone who's ever had one so i don't know if it's a waste of money.

Motokid said:
And somebody tried to post that reading too much might deprive you of knowledge....

fascinating....

hahahhahahahahhahahahhahaha. he needs to be introduced to this thread. ;)

Back