• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Old Christmas Threads (gifts, well wishes, etc)

Fresh cut Christmas trees are very difficult to burn except for the needles which will will flare up. The trees have a high water content and also much sap in them. They need to be well seasoned before they are ready to burn. Other type trees also need to be seasoned before burning but especially the spruce, pine, etc. Firewood is usually seasoned at least a year before it is ready to burn well.

Minniemal said:
Oh, you Americans. That's your answer to everything, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Actually, even with some gasoline on the tree it would still soon burn out due to the water content and most of the tree would still be left.:)

Minniemal said:
Oh, you Americans. That's your answer to everything, isn't it? :rolleyes:
No, not at all. That's a shallow stereotype. The fact is, gasoline works well in some situations, but in others, bombs are the answer. It really depends on the specifics.

Libre said:
No, not at all. That's a shallow stereotype. The fact is, gasoline works well in some situations, but in others, bombs are the answer. It really depends on the specifics.
Thanks a lot! Now that song about how "I'm Proud To Be an American" is going to be stuck in my head all night! ;)

Minniemal said:
Thanks a lot! Now that song about how "I'm Proud To Be an American" is going to be stuck in my head all night! ;)
Wrong topic. You need to go to the Music Thread. ;) :)

mehastings said:
Um, me too? It is official now. I got one cookbook for Christmas (from another TBF member) and not a single other book. :(
:) :D :)
I love buying books and music CD's as Christmas presents.

I also enjoy copying music CD's for friends in the hope that they get enjoyment from the music.

Though I'm clearly a bit late seeing as it's July, but since your (now 15 year old) granddaughter seems to like the Paolini books, I suggest getting her the third in the series that should be out by next Christmas, if not by her birthday...

Though, if it comes out earlier, you may have to beat her to it. ;)

StillILearn said:
Does Paolini look like he'll be getting better with each book or is Aragon going to remain his best?
I have his second on my shelf waiting to be read, so I can only comment on Eragon in response to this question - I felt that his writing improved throughout his first novel, beginning at very crude and overly repetitive, and developing throughout the remainder of the story. I have read snippets of Eldest and it seems as though his writing has developed further still. Again, I don't have much to go by here, so perhaps someone who has read both of his books could provide a more reliable and comprehensive answer :)

Back