• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

One more beginner

Thanks so much! :)
I read a lot, mostly fiction, and I have a lot of favorite writers: Hardy, Joyce, Edna O'Brien, Margaret Atwood, Ian McEwan, Salinger, William Trevor, Mark Twain, on and on.
At the moment, I'm reading "Dead Souls" by Gogol; just finished "Winterwood" by Patrick McCabe. That was a very dark and disturbing read, but very well done.
How about you? Who are some of your favorite writers?

Thanks so much! :)
Hardy, Joyce, Edna O'Brien, Margaret Atwood, Ian McEwan, Salinger, William Trevor, Mark Twain, on and on.

How about you? Who are some of your favorite writers?

Wow, great list! As far as the "classics" go, I love Hardy and James and I've got a few Austins to go through as well (once I'm back to reading my permanant collection books). For modern authors I like Hoffman, McEwan, Sedaris, Boyle, Hiassen and Moore. Lately I've been reading a bunch of easy stuff. I occasionally slip in something by one of my favorites, but I'm mostly reading "disposable" literature. I've got a wide variety of chick lit, romance, mysteries and thrillers that I need to clear out of my house (we're running out of space). So, I'm reading those as quick as I can and getting rid of them through Bookcrossing. So the classics (and modern classics) sitting on my shelves and languishing there because I don't have time to read books I plan to keep. I'm making amazing progress though and hope to get back to better stuff by the end of summer.

Back