• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

One of those 'Holy Grail' quests'

oddsocks

kickbox
I would be grateful if someone could identify a book that I read about 7 years ago and I can't remember the title.
It starts with a dying doctor confessing to the local priest about a birth operation that he performed years ago. As his story unfolds it becomes clear that he is referring to the second coming of Christ.
I think I've given enough to I.D. the book. If someone can recognize the story others might want to read it and further info could wreck the 'plot'

Thanks for all help

oddsocks said:
I think I've given enough to I.D. the book. If someone can recognize the story others might want to read it and further info could wreck the 'plot'
You can use spoiler tags to cover up anything that is giving away too much. That way if someone wants to read the book they can choose not to read the spoilers. To do a spoiler, you just type
your text [/ spoiler] without the space in the last bracket.

The result would be this:
your text
. Spoilers are read by highlighting the blacked out passages.

Thanks for the quick response.
For accuracy's sake and to assist those who are trying to help me I phoned the person who I got the book off and the person who I passed it on to, and the three of us are as confused as Maurice Chevalier in 'I Remember It Well'

Let me try this;
A young priest in Rome, destined for great things, commits a misdemeanor that invokes the wrath of the Vatican and he is sent to a small village in France. He accepts his lot, surveys his surroundings and decides to make a start by repairing the parish church which is in a state of near ruin. Whilst removing loose stones that form part of the tower, he comes across a document that had been hidden by someone many years before. After reading the document he guards it with great secrecy and immediately travels to Paris where he consults with ?????
All of a sudden his celebrity is restored and he includes the 'usual suspects' as his friends; Composers, high ranking politicians, church elders etc.

What happens next?

I dunno! I just hope someone else does.

It could be that this paragraph has nothing to do with my initial request and they are separate books, either way all or any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the effort.

Yes it looks like the second inquiry has been answered; Accursed Treasure of Rennes-le-Chateau by Gerard de Sede or the Holy Blood, Holy Grail (which I've read)
Ah yes! I remember it well!

What I don't remember so well is the book that is linked to the first message.

Please don't give up. I'll have to make further enquiries and I'll come back. In the meantime . . . . tink!

holy grail

It's The Genesis Code by John Case. Great book, far better than the Da Vinci code. Pity he didn't write anything else as good

Thank you, Sarah. I had almost given up hope of identifying it.

For the benefit of those who haven't read it, but would like to. Here is a short synopsis to tease the curious.

Joe Lassiter is an ex-FBI investigator bent on revenge. His sister and young nephew have been murdered and the killer hospitalised. Despite warnings from the police Lassiter will stop at nothing to discover why. His search leads him to uncover an attempt by the Vatican to destroy all traces of a discovery that has sent them into such an alarm, that they have charged a right-wing fundamentalist hit-squad to rid the world of all evidence of it. The discovery originates from a confession in a remote village in Italy. A confession that sends the local priest into a panic and the Vatican into an uproar. The confession belongs to the late Dr Franco Baresi, and concerns the work at his fertility clinic - a fertility clinic that Lassiter's sister attended and, as he horrifyingly discovers, all the other victims in a recent series of murders that have swept the world. Women who were infertile until they attended the clinic. Lassiter must discover the remaining mothers before the hit men, and meanwhile his sister's killer is on the loose...

Ther is also another book with a similar 'plot' called; The Confessor by Daniel Silva. I'm a sucker for Vatican conspiracy's

Back