• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Oops i'm new... kinda

words

I'm new... well i have a couple threads and posts up already though... sorry! i didn't see this section... uhm yeah. This is so far a great great forum. book discussions are actually held!!! :)

well letsee. i should post something about me huh? I like sewing knitting reading and tennis. at the moment... (literally) i am sewing a doll for my Slaughter house five presentation on Nov. 1st. At the moment (not literally) i am knitting a purse out of prom dress netting (cut up) and recylced plastic bags (these are two different projects)

Polonius: What do you read my lord?
Hamlet:Words, words, words.

- William Shakespeare,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! *waves pom poms!* HORAY!!!!

:)

Welcome! What books do you read while you're knitting plastic sacks (which sounds really interesting all by itself!)??

Cathy
The penguins welcome new words!

Martin said:
I'm intrigued - please tell more.

Cheers

in response to that: in my class, we need to sell a product relating to the book using propaganda. well slaughterhouse five never (in my mind) used blatent propaganda. so instead i will have a presentation selling a doll in full out army wear protesting slaughterhouse five (i never realized how complex that idea was until i typed it out right now). i hope it works out. i have the torso and head done. i'd send a pic but i can't work my digital camera fully.... hey i have this http://dollmaker.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mermaid/composition.html hehe i learned how to do it there. its not exactly what i want but i'm going to edit mermaid part... that would be nice

Cathy C said:
Welcome! What books do you read while you're knitting plastic sacks (which sounds really interesting all by itself!)??

Cathy
The penguins welcome new words!

Its quite complicated. i try to hold the book (if its paperback) with my legs and knit with my hands. well i am still limber so i try and stretch up to my face as close as i can. it mostly doesn't work but if its a good day.... well.

the books I read are... uhm. i'll just list a couple i liked...is that good?

Everything is illuminated. :) just love it
painted bird
cat's cradle
slaughterhouse five
woman warrior
china men
Catch 22 (can't believe i almost forgot that)

i don't know if all these books have an underlining similarity... I suck at putting books into genres. ... they're all fiction? I don't know

Back