• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Orson Scott Card

Card has rarely disappointed me. The only book I couldn't seem to get into was Enchantment. I recently read Magic Street, and enjoyed it. But any of the Ender books are great.

Can anyone post some quotes from his Ender's Game ? ( lik people have done here: http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/author-discussion/1837-thomas-pynchon.html and which was very helpful )

Ummm....OK

There was no doubt in Ender's mind. There was no help for him. Whatever he faced, now and forever, no one would save him from it. Peter might be scum, but Peter had been right, always right; the power to cause pain is the only power that matters, the power to kill and destroy, because if you can't kill you are always subject to those who can, and nothing and no one will ever save you.

I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher.

Does that help?

I've read several books in the Ender series and The Lost Boys. Loved them all. I've just started Magic Street and so far, I really like it. I love his writing style.

I'm about halfway through Empire right now, and its a decent read. Some of his books are better than others, but I've always liked his writing style.

Back