• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Paddington Bear

RainbowGurl

I loved this cartoon and the books! Anyone else used to watch them or read the books, when they were little, of course I don't have the books now, honest! ;)
paddington1.jpg

I used to watch the animated series when I was younger - the animation was excellent for the time, wasn't it? I knew there were books, but I don't think I ever read any of them - too busy reading pony stories I suppose. :rolleyes:

Edit: just looked at your picture and wonder if I'm thinking of the same series? I never saw a cartoon, what I watched was sort of stop-motion animation (is that the right term?) with a little fluffy Paddington walking around on a crude black-and-white drawn background!

Same for me, I used to watch the stop motion kids show. It was good at the time but doubt that I could watch it now!

Anyway, I prefer Bagpus :D

I remember the Paddington stop-motion animation with the black and white background. Seems like there may have been a traditionally animated version too. I think I only had one Paddington book. Good stuff!

Excuse my shameless name-drop (the joke's on me). My mum was very friendly with Michael Bond's mother-in-law. I just met him the once. All i could think of saying was, "so you're Michael Bond!" To which came the reply, "it would seem so".

I liked Paddington without ever being a fan as such. My younger cousin loved the books though.

Kenji said:
My mum was very friendly with Michael Bond's mother-in-law. I just met him the once. All i could think of saying was, "so you're Michael Bond!" To which came the reply, "it would seem so".

Cringe! How embarrassing! :eek: That's just the sort of thing I would probably have said. Top reply from Michael though! :D

l loved them too and have started buying them for my kids. i love marmalade to this day because of paddington.

Back