• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pancake Day

we do that too in canada. we had pancakes for dinner with beans and the kids i babysit after school had them at school for lunch.
yum!! any excuse to eat syrup on massive quantities of carbohydrates.

jenngorham said:
we do that too in canada. we had pancakes for dinner with beans and the kids i babysit after school had them at school for lunch.
yum!! any excuse to eat syrup on massive quantities of carbohydrates.
I did not know Canada had a pancake day! :eek: I was an au pair in Canada for a while and they had pacake day every morning! Well...small pancakes...you know...damn it I'm going to make myself some pancakes now for lunch! :D

it is a religious day, but has become less so over time. it is the same idea as mardi gras. it is the last day before lent so it is a celebration before you would fast or abstain from fatty foods, alcohol or whatever it is you give up for lent. i'm unsure of the reason for pancakes, but i know it is a day to indulge yourself.

Anyone given up anything for Lent? For me it's goodbye chocolate, sweets, cake, biscuits, alcohol, crisps, nuts and other things of that ilk. Not exactly a problem, as I live off orange juice, coffee and muesli anyway.

i used to practice lent but have drifted from the church in recent years. the last time a gave something up was my first year of university and i gave up chocolate. it was hard, i didn't realize how much chocolate i ate. i lost 7 pounds.

pancake day should be celebrated in every country :mad:
i think ill make my personal pancake day holyday (every weekend if posible :D )

mr_michel said:
pancake day should be celebrated in every country :mad:
i think ill make my personal pancake day holyday (every weekend if posible :D )

i am guessing you are not on aitkins. :D

Mmm... Pizza...

Wait, wait. An idea: pancake bits in syrup-drenched pizza between two hamburger patties on a bun with condoments! Man, that would be delicious, and, as a plus, would rot your teeth out!!!

Tokiomaster said:
Mmm... Pizza...

Wait, wait. An idea: pancake bits in syrup-drenched pizza between two hamburger patties on a bun with condoments! Man, that would be delicious, and, as a plus, would rot your teeth out!!!

now thats a diet i might be willing to try :)

Back