• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Panic Attack

Catalyst

Ok i am beginning to panic. I am doing an essay for uni that has to be in for Friday. I hsve the first of 3 exams on Monday and i havnt started to study yet. This essay is really pissing me off. Its a critical assessment of Edinburgh Zoo. Our tutor basically said the zoo was crap and would not accept any reviews that showed it in a good light. But i though the whole point in a critical assessment was to give both sides to the story. From what iv found out the zoo does its fair share of in situ projects. However hte actual zoo is rubbish. There just isnt enough room.
I am beginning to question my abilities at essay writing. I am getting worse as i go through uni, not better. I am supposed to be arguing in htis essay but all i seem to be doing is writing down facts and adding in other ways the zoo could go about htings.
I want to bury my head in the sand and hope this essay evaporates.

erm..not sure what to say - so take your pick:
there there it'll get better...
eat a chocolate and go to bed, you'll feel fine in the morning...
Zoos are evil...
No they're not...
Yes they are..
No they're not....
Hang on, I'm not supposed to be doing this essay....

In all seriousness though, take a deep breath and clear your head. You'll get the essay done, you'll pass your exams with flying colours - just keep reminding yourself that you're a student and are therefore an expert at last minuteitis.
A bug hug and a nice smilie for you :) .

Ok i am beginning to panic. I am doing an essay for uni that has to be in for Friday. I hsve the first of 3 exams on Monday and i havnt started to study yet. This essay is really pissing me off. Its a critical assessment of Edinburgh Zoo. Our tutor basically said the zoo was crap and would not accept any reviews that showed it in a good light. But i though the whole point in a critical assessment was to give both sides to the story. From what iv found out the zoo does its fair share of in situ projects. However hte actual zoo is rubbish. There just isnt enough room.
I am beginning to question my abilities at essay writing. I am getting worse as i go through uni, not better. I am supposed to be arguing in htis essay but all i seem to be doing is writing down facts and adding in other ways the zoo could go about htings.
I want to bury my head in the sand and hope this essay evaporates.

Couldn't you do the essay as a comparison/contrast paper? You could then point out the good qualities and with each, show how improvements are needed, and perhaps present your ideas for such change. Then wrap up with your closing remarks restating the theme from your opening.

Gem your post made me smile, thank you :) . Abecedarian, thanks for the input. The full question is -

Critically assess how Edinburgh Zoo endeavours to educate visitors and what they are doing with respect to conservation: captive breeding and reintroduction

Im not sure how much i can deviate from the whole argument thing. Compare to what...other Zoos. I am using San Diego Zoo as an example of a far better zoo. :)

My head has gone a bit spinny so i think il leave it for now and get up tomorrow - or is it today - and start studying for this awful ecology and population exam. Sigh. Woe is me ;)

Back