• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Paper or tablet?; the newspaper reading preference poll

How do you prefer to read the newspaper?

• Paper

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Tablet

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Stewart

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is this date set in 2013 - does it have some special significance? When you talk about tablet I assume you mean an e-reader not someone going up a mountain to bring down the results!

Why is this date set in 2013 - does it have some special significance?

666 days. :whistling:

When you talk about tablet I assume you mean an e-reader not someone going up a mountain to bring down the results!

Yeah, the iMoses didn't go over very well. The author only made ten of them and after that, sent the publisher away. In all seriousness, I mean it is a catch all term for everything that is techno-reader.

I am going to say "tablet" because I rarely read the newspaper anymore and instead get my news off of the interwebs via a LCD monitor of some kind.

That's why I went with "Tablet".

Now is a good time for someone to roll out a paid subscription service of daily newspapers articles on the topics of your choice. If that already exists, hook a brutha up.

666 days. :whistling:

Yeah, the iMoses didn't go over very well. The author only made ten of them and after that, sent the publisher away. In all seriousness, I mean it is a catch all term for everything that is techno-reader.

Hi SFG75 - pretty sneaky about the 666 - you devil you! I would have to say newspaper - we get two of them daily - I must admit though that it makes for a lot of recyclables by the end of the week.

I prefer a real newspaper, the ability to scan real pages. However since the newspaper delivery is unreliable locally, we don't have it delivered. So the reality is we usually get the news from our computers.
Every chance though we buy the NYT and our local Times-Picayune in real and glorious black and white.

Newspaper. The look and feel and aroma are all part of the total experience -- a steaming vanilla latté and warm fragrant cinnamon scone, while slouched back in a soft overstuffed easy-chair, reading the book section of the NYT at my local Starbucks -- heavenly. :D

Plus, God reads the NYT to keep up. :innocent:

I haven't noticed it before, but Peder and pontalba have been the only people that I have ever heard(or read) that the physical context of reading newspapers. Now that I think about it, I have my own routine with the paper. I love to fold the living section to do the cross word puzzle. I then like to fold the midlands section and read the opinion/letters to the editor. After being thoroughly enraged and disgusted with my fellow human beings, I then go to the front page and world sections respectively. Ahhhh, it is an experience.

Peder-Save the paper for me. I'll take a double shot skinny soy latte with a dallop of whipped cream and extra cinnamon on top.

Peder-Save the paper for me. I'll take a double shot skinny soy latte with a dallop of whipped cream and extra cinnamon on top.

Ahh, you rascal! You definitely know how to live, and folding the Times too is definitely an art! We'll have to swap papers some time. :flowers:

e-reader

I choose e-reader. Since I bought an iPad that can load amount of e-books, I take more time in reading digital books and newspapers, and I feel it very convinient and attractive.

Back