• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Parallel Reading

I'm like that at times, in fact I'm thinking about doing that now. Moby-Dicks just not doing it for me at the moment, I need another distraction.

I sometimes read 2 at once. But, I like finding a book that is hard to put down. When I get one like that, it takes all my extra time reading it.

I dont really like to read too books but I sometimes do. Like if I'm reading a book and then i buy a new one that I am dying to read, I will parallel read.

Also, I'm reading a book thats thick or pretty big, I will read a smaller book as well so that when I go to uni (which consists of 2 35 minute train rides) I can take the smaller book.

But generally I prefer to read one book at a time.
Lani

If I've borrowed a book I always read two at a time because I read in the bath and I won't risk getting water on someone else's book.

I'm currently reading 2, ones a classic and the other is horror (and its part of a series). So when I'm home alone at night and I start to get a little wigged out from it, I'll turn to my other one.

I generally only read one at a time, but I've sort of got 3 on the go right now. One which my boyfriend and I are reading to each other whenever we get a chance (Mailman, by J. Robert Lennon), one audiobook (Hunting Season, by Nevada Barr) that I'm listening to on the drive to work, and my main read (Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, by Dai Sijie). I'm not too confused yet!

I usually find my mind wandering after a while with one book (My attention span seems to be shortening to that of a gnat). I'm either annoyed with the author or characters, or am stimulated to think about something else. So I then go off to read something else and it all begins again. There are usually about a dozen books with bookmarks slowly creeping through them at any one time. I don't have too much problem picking up where I left off, but I have come across books I had no recollection of starting and had to begin again. Are you all asleep yet?

Back