• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Parallel Reading

Kavitha

Wonder how many of you comfortably do this..I have a habit of reading a couple of books at a time. Initially I thought I would get the stories/contents all muddled up between the two ;) but then, I managed just fine.

Btw, Happy New Year everyone! :)

I've always read more than one at a time. Used to drive my Dad nuts, but I never got the contents mixed up. Sometimes I'll have up to six going; but all different genres. Usually just two or three though. :)

I've always read more than one at a time. Used to drive my Dad nuts, but I never got the contents mixed up. Sometimes I'll have up to six going; but all different genres. Usually just two or three though. :)

Wohoww! Six at a time?! wonder how that would be..should try sometime! :)

I do this quite a bit, and I always have. I'm known to read four or more books at the same time. I can't remember the last time I wasn't reading more than one book. At the moment I'm reading three.

Wohoww! Six at a time?! wonder how that would be..should try sometime! :)

Actually it's not as hard as it seems. The small book travels with me, large books get read at the table. I keep one upstairs, one downstairs one in the car, one under the pillow...etc. :)

I only read two books at a time. When I was younger it used to be as many as five. Then I became busy with work/school and decided that I should cut down the amount of books. Regardless of the amount I read at a time, I don't have problems keeping track of what happened in each book.

I have one book to read at school, one in the dining room, one in my room, and (often, but not always) one at the computer. Sometimes a couple more than that, but that's it right now. I already have my one for school all set up for when it restarts.

It must be nice when you get to a boring part in one book to be able to switch to another without guilt. Or if you just get tired of a book, especially if it's REALLY long. I think I will try this and see how it works.

I do that quite often. I don't feel like continuing reading the nonfiction book I was doing right now, so I moved on to other things temporarily. I'll go back to the Dracula book when I feel like it. I almost always finish books. The only times I haven't have mostly been when I was borrowing them from the library and they requested them back...

I used to do this, but I don't anymore. I find that I'm able to focus on the story and the characters better if I read one at a time - I'd probably mix the plots up if I read more than that.

I'm usually reading two at once - one that I haven't read before and have to pay attention to (this I read during the day), and one comfort book that I use to read myself to sleep (e.g. King, Bryson, Tolkien, Hornby, Rowling).

I always found it difficult to mix up plots. I'm pretty good at keeping them straight for some reason. The plots stay pretty clear for several years in my mind.

I really have trouble reading more then one book at a time. I tend to confuse things easily :p

I confuse numerical/instructional info very easily, but my memory for storyline info and history and things like that is nearly photographic. It's kind of embarassing that I easily recite the life story of Napoloeon because I watched a special on him two years ago, but I'll walk down the stairs and wind up staring at a door trying to remember why I left the room.

I do that a lot. Usually a fiction and a non-fiction. Since books are like life to me (as in I live in them as long as I'm reading, it's great having a very visual mind) I don't confuse them. I remember plots for ages and I confuse things I've read with things I've done.....but hey what's the difference right?

I confuse numerical/instructional info very easily, but my memory for storyline info and history and things like that is nearly photographic. It's kind of embarassing that I easily recite the life story of Napoloeon because I watched a special on him two years ago, but I'll walk down the stairs and wind up staring at a door trying to remember why I left the room.

Right with you there. I can remember books I read in elementary school and toys I had before school but I can get lost in a building. Easily. I'm fine if I've seen a map but otherwise....I'm directionally challenged too (still can't always tell my left from right).

If you read two or three books that are completely different in genre and fiction/non-fiction, then you're set. As a matter of fact, it's helpful when you are reading a book or two that you're just not that into. I'll read fifty pages of a book and change to another one by the time I'm completely bored and fed up with it for the evening. I did that with Michelle Malkin book quite a bit, I hate her.

I usually start with one and add another on the way. Sometimes I might reach 3 or 4, but usually 1 or 2. Sometimes while I'm reading a book, I start another one, finish it and then return to the first one....:rolleyes:
Not to mention my textbooks !

Back