• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Party like it's 1939

Wolhay

Harry from the British race program supposedly wore a NS uniform to a masquerade according to The Sun.

Does anyone know if images of this can be found anywhere on the net?

Not too sure about the images, but there's a big discussion going on about this on another forum i'm a member of - people are so quick to condemn him (not that it's in any way appropriate) but he is still young and has apologised for any offence he may have caused.

Do you guys think this is getting a little too much media coverage? It's not like the guy came out and said he supported Nazi causes. It was a costume at a party. I just see a kid at a party dressed as a WWII Nazi soldier. I mean, the kid didn't join the Society of British Nazis or anything. I think maybe some symbols can just invoke such hatred (and rightly so in this case) that it sometimes gets misdirected. By that I mean that the majority of people hate the nazis and what they stood for, but he wasn't supporting them, so why are people upset with him? Is it that the image of the Nazi uniform is still so fresh in the world's memory that it stings to see anyone in that uniform? Maybe I'm answering my own question. I don't know. I would love to hear international input.

Please, I just want other opinions. I'm not trying to stir up an argument over it. I just want to hear how other people view the incident.

i dont see anything wrong with it, its a custume party, is someone came dressed as the devil you wouldnt think he is a satan worshiper
besides the long coats used by nazi oficials (or its officers?) were pretty cool

Personally I think it's been blown way out of proportion - if it had been anyone else it would never have received the amount of media attention it has.

Symbols can be very powerfull, thats why they are used to promote things. The nazi symbol envokes hatred towards those who have anything to do with it, and I think thats very normal since most people have heard about WW2 since they where kids.

The only thing this story has to do with is wanting to sell newspapers.

hay82 said:
The nazi symbol envokes hatred towards those who have anything to do with it
I agree, though in actuality the origin of the symbol lies in many ancient cultures - it was just modified and adopted by the Nazi's.

Ice said:
....... but he is still young and has apologised for any offence he may have caused.

yours triggered me to think that history or past departed more and more far away from the young generations. sometimes I could saw myself worrying excessively about that, that young generations will probably never get a very calm,clear idea of what once had happened. ---------anyhing to do with me?? heh. :rolleyes: :(

Also, aren't those mistakes that has made out of ignorance of history unforgivenable?

Thanks hay82. That's the best image I've come across so far.

I like the irony that he's wearing the uniform of an old enemy force with racial ideology that his countrymen fought against to preserve their racial institute that he belongs to.

It's a bit silly that he apologized but monarchs aren't supposed to be individuals.

I saw a better picture earlier, but I can't find it anywhere now. They probably took it off the net and replaced it with the less flattering one.

RitalinKid said:
Is it that the image of the Nazi uniform is still so fresh in the world's memory that it stings to see anyone in that uniform?

But we can still look at images of Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, and Robert Mugabe and couldn't give a shit. :confused:

I don't care that he wore it - it's a generational gap and that's all. Jeez, I could go to any book shop and see books plastered with the swastika on their cover in order to sell.

Stewart said:
But we can still look at images of Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, and Robert Mugabe and couldn't give a shit.
We will know for sure if Harry decides to dress like Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Idi Amin or Robert Mugabe at the next party.

Back