• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Peeves

Yes, but we're not fixated on your crotch.
Okay, okay already! You're better people, are you happy now?

What do you want, a friggin' medal or something?!

Cheers, Martin

{Tigress} said:
I have done that though, in response to men who won't look me in the eye. And I get this kinda puzzled look on my face too, like I'm tryin' to FIND it. Works wonders. :D

:D That’s a good one to remember!

Doing what men do is essentially a compliment, albeit a very crude one - we like what we see, we're impressed, so we stare at it.

Not polite, but not offensive in meaning.

What Tigress said she did is offensive.

There's a difference.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
You actually type out your replies in word?!

Really?

Cheers, Martin

Only when I’m at work :rolleyes: I’m not supposed to use the internet here – so can’t sit there typing out a reply, so instead I use word, this way it looks like I’m actually working :D

Ice said:
Only when I’m at work :rolleyes: I’m not supposed to use the internet here – so can’t sit there typing out a reply, so instead I use word, this way it looks like I’m actually working :D
That is so sneaky! :eek:

Martin said:
Doing what men do is essentially a compliment, albeit a very crude one - we like what we see, we're impressed, so we stare at it.

Not polite, but not offensive in meaning.

What Tigress said she did is offensive.

There's a difference.

Cheers, Martin
Y'all may consider it a compliment, but we don't -- to us it is VERY offensive. Hence my reaction.

A compliment is a quick up and down. That, most women understand is a natural attraction.

Ice said:

Been there, done that, only in e-mail and not word usually. :eek:

By the way, I find it rather worrying that I'm the only man defending the entirety of manhood at the moment.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
You do realise that we can't help ourselves?

Cheers, Martin
I'm sorry, Martin, I just don't buy that. That you can't help but look, THAT I get, but to stare. Come on. Do you have SUCH little control over your bodies and minds? Y'all just don't feel it's a problem, so you dont' bother trying to fix it. All I'm sayin' is it IS a problem and since those who've done it me don't see a need to fix it, I give them one. Sure they get offended and pissed off, but they quit staring at my tits, so mission accomplished in my book.

Of course we have control over our bodies. Now!

Try telling that to a 17 year old!

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Of course we have control over our bodies. Now!

Try telling that to a 17 year old!

Cheers, Martin

Ummm... I'm not, nor was I ever, talking about boys. If a teenager finds me "hot" at 35, I'm flattered! He can stare as long as he wants! LOL But men, as you've agreed, can control it and so it's a completely different story with them.

I give up. If no one's gonna help me, I give the feck up.

I've done my best.

Anyway, you are right. It's a disgrace that some (note: some) men do this. I've done it (in my puberty), but not since. I limit myself to glances (and when they're not looking, of course :)).

I was just arguing for the argument's sake.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
I give up. If no one's gonna help me, I give the feck up.

I've done my best.

Anyway, you are right. It's a disgrace that some (note: some) men do this. I've done it (in my puberty), but not since. I limit myself to glances (and when they're not looking, of course :)).

I was just arguing for the argument's sake.

Cheers, Martin

LOL! Arguing can be so much fun sometimes, though! At least it, hopefully, got your mind off your runny nose for a bit. :D

Oh, and I completely agree that it is only SOME men who act this way. The vast majority are right proper gentlemen, at least in that regard. :)

You should see us when you're not looking!

Hang on, that sentence makes no sense, does it?

Anyway, you catch my drift.

Cheers, Martin

Back