• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peter Hamilton - Judas Unchained?

Lyra

kickbox
I have waited so long for this book to come out that I can't really remember much of Pandora's Star (other than I really enjoyed it!). Has anyone read Judas Unchained yet? Is there some sort of recap and did everything come flooding back?

i'm reading Judas Unchained now, and i read Pandora's Star over a year ago and it ALL camo flooding back, it picks up exactly where the 1st one left off, or dropped off in the case of ozzie lol:)

Is this a new trilogy by Peter F Hamilton? I was a keen fan of his Night's Dawn Trilogy and other books, but got put off by 'Misspent Youth'. Is Mr Hamilton back to his usual form with Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained?

Steve

Thanks for that Vorian, I will just plunge straight into the next one then :D

Nakmeister, I think this is just a two book saga - Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained. I actually read Pandora's Star before I read the Night's Dawn Trilogy and preferred it to the NDT so really looking forward to Judas Unchained. I haven't read Misspent Youth but if you liked the NDT then definately give Pandora's Star a go.

haven't read miss-spent youth but i have read fallen dragon and thats another good read and a stand alone to boot

Thanks, I'll try Pandora's Star. If you haven't read Misspent Youth yet I wouldn't bother - it's more like a Mills and Boon than a science fiction novel!

Lyra said:
Thanks for that Vorian, I will just plunge straight into the next one then :D

Nakmeister, I think this is just a two book saga - Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained. I actually read Pandora's Star before I read the Night's Dawn Trilogy and preferred it to the NDT so really looking forward to Judas Unchained. I haven't read Misspent Youth but if you liked the NDT then definately give Pandora's Star a go.

Yup, it is just the two books! :)

Actually, I thought it was a trilogy when the first book came out, but I am glad to find it isn't because I won't have to wait for the third to come out to read it :D

I looked on amazon.com for reviews of Judas Unchained, and it's not released in the US until February 28, 2006. :eek: I know it's out in the UK - I'll have to pick it up, but I'm a bit intimidated by the size of it. :eek: I really loved Pandora's Star, but it took me a very long time to read it; it had so many characters to keep track of - I'm not sure if I'll remember enough detail to pick up where it left off. :(

I haven't read the Night Dawn novels - is that the trilogy that includes The Naked God? I tried reading the first one, but got a bit bogged down with the tech-talk. :(

direstraits said:
I've always wanted to ask - what books make up the Night Dawn novels?

ds

In the UK there are three books that make up the Night Dawn novels, thease are: The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist, and The Naked God.

I think in the U.S the books were broken up into six novels.

I really liked the books a lot. There are two things that might spoil your enjoyment, depending on your taste. Firstly, as Angerball mentioned there is a fair amount of technobabble. Second, a plot development in the second book which you are either going to love ( I did ) or you will hate it. Obviously I can't say what that is ;) lol Although anybody that IS curios to know then PM me and I will reveal unto you the secret.

Wabbit said:
[/B]I think in the U.S the books were broken up into six novels.
Ah... so this is where the confusion is. I always try to find the books, but there is always a Part I or Part II lying around somewhere in the bookstore that I always seem to think something is not right.

Cheers, Wabbit!

ds

Back