• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Phoenix Rose (novel in progress)

I think the crow is fine but I am not so sure about the blood. Looks more like food colouring and the way it's scattered does not look good.

I looked at the website of the artist. From his gallery i would say he is perhaps a bit too inspired by Dave Mckean.

Hello,

Gem, of course, you would support him. You are one of them split people.

I'm pretty sure I am a split person, i'll confirm it if you'd kindly tell me what that is, i really have no idea :eek:

Is one of your other names not_sirmyk by any chance?

darn. you've rumbled me - how'd you figure out that I am not sirmyk? :D

I only show my support to sirmyk for the following reasons:
1)i've read his first work Palindrome Hannah and loved it
2)I am strangely drawn to 'dark' different artwork.
3)I pretend to be a writer every now and then and know how horribly horrible the 'slumps' are.
4) plus i had too much caffeine in the system yesterday :D

EDIT: OMG i was about to go to bed when i realised what you meant about the split person - you were referring to my own reference of multiple personalities DOH! I'm just going to go bang my head against a wall a few times :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the kind criticism. I only hope this thread doesn't suddenly become "closed".

Gem said:
EDIT: OMG i was about to go to bed when i realised what you meant about the split person - you were referring to my own reference of multiple personalities DOH! I'm just going to go bang my head against a wall a few times :rolleyes:
I think she was referring to the fact that sirmyk used to have another account for his darker personality not_sirmyk. I don't think that you were around for that, though.

Yes, multiple personalities are frowned upon here. It was a long time ago. I got a warning out of it. I killed the f**ker off. I think.

thanks monkeycatcher. I've managed to confuse myself so i'm going to just stop trying to figure it out :D

Sirmyk, perhaps you could bring him back for a 'special appearance' in your future work?

Gem said:
Sirmyk, perhaps you could bring him back for a 'special appearance' in your future work?
Is it within the guidelines of the forum rules for me to discuss a future project of mine, even though it could be years away?

Back