• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of my library

http://karik.highersource.nl/viewtopic.php?t=76&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

This is the thread in my dutch forum, where the pics of my bookcases can be found. A lot of other members send pictures too. If you have trouble viewing the pics, I can post one here. My nick is Phedre there too. You might need to scroll down a bit, it's the only picture on that page. Some more on the page after that. I took the pics with my very, very cheap webcammie, so they're awful...:)

I really like the ceiling-holding little men..:)

Make me feel better when I see your photo of library with full of books. I have my bookshelf with lots of books. Also I have some books in my wardrobe. I am still dreaming of my own proper library. mmmmmmmmm

Nice

Wow, a little piece of Heaven for book lovers, Ashlea! And Bernadette must be a very clever cat, guarding all those books.
No connection to the subject but I saw your avatar on the cover of a book in a store, do you remember that I asked you about it? The book was Laura Esquivel- Like water for chocolate, have you ever heard of it? I haven't but it seemed interesting.

Yea, so many comments! The heinlein and Wheel of Time are my husband's, sadly I gave up on Wheel of Time after book 5 and only plan to pick them up again when he's done. I do loan a few out from time to time but only the ones that are replaceable. I haven't read Like Water for Chocolate but I'll get there eventually. Isn't that a Silly Wabbit recommended title?

That's a really nice room...wish I had one!! But I have already decided that later in life when I get married I'm going to get a house with a room that I can have as a library. I won't settle for a house without a place for me to have a library!!

Ashlea said:
Since I don't have any children, I have this extra bedroom . . .

My library
--it might take me a while to have a book collection like that,my books were scattered,others were still in the Phils., and my books here ,I already put them in a box bec we are in a process of home shopping right now and library is definitely in one of my agenda as soon as we found a new house. :)

Two questions:

1) Where did you get the money to buy all those books

2) Have you read them all?

Back