• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

GerryLuvzBookz

Learned that one of my favorite novels PILLARS OF THE EARTH was adapted into a miniseries - looks incredible! Has anyone else seen this? Apparently the DVD releases next week 11/23. Thought I'd share, for any of my fellow Pillars fans out there.

I saw the first few episodes and then missed the rest.What I saw I liked and I am looking forward to the DVD.

I watched this over the holidays. I liked it; really well-made, seemed for the most part to be reasonably historically correct, and some really fine acting both by people I knew could pull it off (McShane, Sutherland) and some newcomers that really impressed me (Alison Pill, Hayley Atwell). I haven't read the book, so take it for what it's worth, but it's nice to see someone attempt what's essentially an 8-hour movie set in mediaeval times that doesn't have everyone behave like either enlightened 20th-century people or dumb goatfarmers.

I watch this as well over the past 2 weeks. Enjoyed it very much! Had to look up on wikipedia the differences between the novel and film, and there were quite a few. McShane is always great and I loved the woman who Jacks' mom.

I watched it too,tho ain't read the book,and really enjoyed it. Ian McShane was outstanding. Definitely fancy the DVD.

Back