• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Tresure Island

Henriette

I guess the movie is based on "Tresure Island", ins't it?
I haven't read that book, but I love the movie.
And not just because of the acters, but it's so funny!
I know this is a Book Forum, not a Movie Forum, but I just want to say; if you haven't seen PotC, then you should see it.
It's a movie that makes you happy and we need those kind of movies.

I have to read the book, I think.

Hi Henriette :)

No, the movie is not based on Treasure Island. You will be surprised! The movie is actually based on a Disney Theme ride!!! Really good movie tho. Treasure Island is a really great book and I recommend it very very highly.

If you want, you can read Treasure Island for FREE! :)

Tresure Island

Regards and bounce bounce
Wabbit :D

And is of course, much better :D

Although i have to say, Miss Piggy isnt a patch on Keira Knightly <drools>

Phil :)

*laugh*

Okay, okay, my mistake!
Thanks fot the link, tho. I don't have to go to the library now.
But tell me, what do you think about PotC?

Fan - friggin - tastic!!

Johnny Depp is just ... awesome!! The coolest character of the entire year!! Capt. Jack Sparrow! Wow!

jack3.jpg

Can't wait for the sequel.

Cheers, Martin

Yeah, I agree.
Jack Sparrow is and will always be the best in the movie.
I haven't laughed that much for very long, because usually, I don't have so much to laugh about in a movie but this so good!

*loves PotC!!!*

And Mr Depp has been nominated for best actor. So rare that a comedy gets this. I thought he did a great job.

Loved him in From Hell, too (the Jack the Ripper, thingie).

And what was the one where he played a lawyer, arrived on a train, and crossed the countryside, with some other guy, on a horse. The film was dire; he was awesome. Even when he acts dead, he's awesome :cool:

Third Man Girl

Oh my gosh...what is there to say about Johnny Depp? I am probably one of his biggest fans. I've watched all of his movies, and am well on my way to owning all of them. Yes, isn't obsession a beautiful thing? I just think he's a terrific actor, and I'm very much into acting myself; hehe what do ya know? I think he plays Jack Sparrow beautifully, as he does all of his characters. I'm so happy that he has an Oscar nomination for best actor, and I'm hoping he wins, because for all these years choosing to not play the stereotypical roles, he deserves to win an award. Heh. I talk too much for my own good.

Back