• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Plaigarism Thread Closed Please Unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

demetrio

Someone please unlock that thread, that's the most disgusting thing a forum can have happen. A thread that a moderator doesn't like, that outs him on a serous thing, so he locks it. There was nothing wrong with that thread. Just because martin is a moderator doesn't mean he deserves the last word. The discussion was not done, it was just getting started. We finally got Martin's side of the story and boy is it weak.

Weak or not is not the point.

This should have been dealt with in private, and therefore it will continue to be dealth with in private. I don't stand alone in this.

If you have anything to say, contact me, or anyone, through PM.

Cheers

Demetrio, it sounds like you want to lecture Martin for punishment, and that's simply not your job. If we were to have a punishment thread where everyone comes by to lob an old head of lettuce at someone for breaking a rule, pretty soon we'd have nothing but chaos and lynching threads constantly. Whatever is to happen in the way of punishment is between Martin and whoever is the proper authority, Darren, I assume. I don't think the punishment really concerns us.

I wasn't going to bother with this but...

RitalinKid said:
I don't think the punishment really concerns us.

Martin still has the power to moderate your statements. It's concerns you.

Stewart said:
Martin still has the power to moderate your statements. It's concerns you.

and admin have the power to go into the admin control panel & check exactly what has been edited by every single moderator, hope this gives you piece of mind Stewart.

Seemings as you felt the need to patronize me by explaining yesterday how forums work, let me explain that I have previously been admin for two different forums. With the admin control panel which facilitates everything on the board there are many different logs you can check, including exactly what your moderators have been up to. This allows admin to see at all times what exactly their moderators have been altering.

this is just going to go on and on and on and on.... and people then wonder, "Gee why can't we have world peace?" cliche? maybe. but relevant.
i was under the impression that public lynchings were out of style.

Sorry, Sar, I hadn't noticed that section. I've incorrectly looked under the Moderator option of the admin panel and not the Statistics & Logs. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I don't know where you felt patronised though.

Stewart said:
Sorry, Sar, I hadn't noticed that section. I've incorrectly looked under the Moderator option of the admin panel and not the Statistics & Logs. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I don't know where you felt patronised though.

Fair enough then, I was honestly just trying to reassure you such things are easily traceable

well if we all are being honest then, i will say that i too have felt patronized by you stewart. perhaps you are trying to be funny, but sometimes your oneliners come off as sardonic. you point to peoples mistakes yet make no attempt to assist and when you do it can come off as dismissive. it's off-putting and i do tend to avoid you as i don't get where you are coming from. i love a joke and love being teased but sometimes i am not sure if you are laughing with or laughing at. i don't think i am alone on this.

It's probably a cultural thing. British humour over American humor.

Would a smilie at the end of things be better? :)

Stewart said:
It's probably a cultural thing. British humour over American humor.

Would a smilie at the end of things be better? :)

well......we'll see. depends how many smilies you got. :p

and i'm canadian. i get british humour.

no problem. i grew up watching coronation street, all the python's and fawlty towers. cbc is 85% british television.

jenngorham said:
no problem. i grew up watching coronation street, all the python's and fawlty towers. cbc is 85% british television.

As long as it's old stuff. If it's modern British then I pity you.

Stewart said:
As long as it's old stuff. If it's modern British then I pity you.
Oh come on, there's plenty of good modern stuff out there. Little Britain for example. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back