• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Play: What I Did On My Summer Vacation

novella

Anyone want to play What I Did on My Summer Vacation??

In three hundred words or less, please share with your classmates.

novella

My sister got married so I planned the shower and a luau stag party for her. I also helped plan and made lots of the décor etc. The wedding was planned for outdoors and it rained the morning of, so we moved everything last minute to a hall. Labour Day weekend my husband and I went with my sister, her husband and child to a friend's cabin on a lake up the coast. We tubed, canoed, hiked, swam and checked out some 19th century Indian pictographs on the cliffs surrounding the lake. Also, we usually go to lots of car shows (lowrider ones) but I only managed to make it to one this year and it wasn't very good. Those are the highlights

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

A bat fell out of the patio umbrella and lay on the metal table. I almost touched it, but it started to shiver, then looked up with its big ears, stretched its wings and in one quick swoop flew hard into the side of the house. Whap. It crashed down onto the bricks for a second, then tried again, this time flying blindly away somewhere. Definitely gonna crash into something else. Other bats in the attic vent go scht scht, like nails on metal.

The sky was white. Dave’s Massey tractor raised a cloud of dust that drifted over the cow corn. Accept dust. There is nothing I can do about it. Should I close my eyes? Mowing never ends. Piece together empty time. Tennis won’t help. Maybe music, like a Dobro, something that likes open air, no words. But then I’d have to get up.

I have things to do, but they are just things to do. Just sitting is no crime. There’s nothing unethical about resting, is there? I have my doubts though. Something nagging, pulling my guilty string. But the dog says otherwise. He’s a pukka buddy. He says, nothing wrong with just sitting. Life is not that big a deal.

Saturday (any Saturday at all): Driveway full of Volkswagens, garage full of guys with beer and wrenches, neighbors full of ire. One magical saturday had the addition of jello shots, that one was a touch different, increased ire from neighbors due to late hours and many small plastic cups on lawn.

One magical beach week, have decided to become wealthy and live on beach full time. Still working out the details.

all of sudden, you found, on your way to work in the morning sun that seriously was on his duty, that time has always been continuous. there is no monday, no sunday, absolutely, no that kinda "stop" at all. it is everywhere, anywhere, always in the universe. :(

watercrystal said:
all of sudden, you found, on your way to work in the morning sun that seriously was on his duty, that time has always been continuous. there is no monday, no sunday, absolutely, no that kinda "stop" at all. it is everywhere, anywhere, always in the universe. :(

Reading this is sort of like watching a foreign movie. :)

novella said:
Reading this is sort of like watching a foreign movie. :)

:eek: sorry, I am really not good at expressing myself. 

Goodday, :)

watercrystal said:
:eek: sorry, I am really not good at expressing myself. 

Goodday, :)

On the contrary. I think what you wrote is full of poetry, and I mean that most sincerely.

You are very expressive in your posts! My comment was about the meaning between the words. Can you see that?

Thanks for your kind words. :) have not enough confidence on using English,which might be the reason that i misinterpreted the term " foregin movie".

bobbyburns said:
jenem, language please.

although i'm sure you weren't offended by my post, to clarify - i am a mutt and proud of it. the more diverse cultural ancestry in my line, the more interesting my family's genealogical history

bobbyburns said:
the only thing I hate more than a racist is a canadian.

you're just jealous 'cause you're not one of us

Back