• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please suggest fiction books about kiddnappings/abductions

Stewart said:
Okay, just because you caught my spelling mistake in a quote, I'll preserve yours. :D
I actually meant to say "Kinda makes you want to go out and pass by his book"

The "kinda" part was intentional.

Not sure if I'm a little late with this post ;) Here's another 'kidnapped' book suggestion:

Land of the Living by Nicci French

Has Kiss the Girls by James Patterson been mentioned yet? Or Silence of the Lambs, by Thomas Harris?

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote about a kidnapping too, didn't he? What was it called again? Oh yes, 'Kidnapped'. I'm just not sure whether this comes under the description of 'not children' though.

sirmyk said:
I also pursued this sample chapter... and, uh.... yeah. Des is one bad muthafucka... "bad" meaning "terrible". Sorry.

Personally, I cannot "get into" a book that has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. Even your reviews have errors, and "Barnes and Noble" is misspelled.

Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter has one of the main characters, an adult female, getting kidnapped for most of the book.

Not sure if it's too late, but a suggestion all the same!

StillILearn said:
I still remember this one, and I think I read it about a hundred years ago.

John Fowles is good.

I read it a hundred and fifty years ago. It creeped me out, it was good but very disturbing. Reminds me of that movie "Manhunter" where the killer skinned his victims. We really need a "puke" smiley on this forum.

Back