• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pleased to join and share my book with you

Abdullah shehri

Hi everyone,
Very few, if any at all, are the books which have been written on Neo-atheism (including a treatment of Dawkin's writings), the western condition, and religion from an Islamic perspective. I'm pleased to be with you here not to sell my book! for you can download it for free (Link Below), but to learn more from your kind comments and suggestions.

The book copyrighted (with ISBN), PDF bookmarked, and published (click right and save)

http://www.tryislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/The-Only-Way-Out-Bookmarked.pdf

Regards,

Abdullah Shehri​

Quick Bio.

• Doctorate of Social Sciences, Leicester University , UK.
• M.A. Applied Linguistics: Psycholinguistics (Psychology & Language) – University of Nottingham, UK.
• Bachelor in Applied Linguistics, K.S.A., King Saud University.
• Certified Trainer ‐ European College of Sciences & Technology, UK.
• Internationally Certified NLP Practitioner – NLPTA, USA.

I don't know much about this whole "neo-atheist" thing really.However I met someone who claimed to be one once at an art show I attended.They were quite annoying and as just an "atheist" they were putting me down and asking how I could live with myself without trying to teach others the truth about "the lies and brainwashing by religion". I just wanted to drink my mixed beverage and enjoy my friends show. The lady came off as a zealot for atheism......Needless to say the only word I could summon for her was...Douche.

You came to the right place, Abdullah. This is definitely a place to find atheism.

I don't know much about this whole "neo-atheist" thing really.However I met someone who claimed to be one once at an art show I attended.They were quite annoying and as just an "atheist" they were putting me down and asking how I could live with myself without trying to teach others the truth about "the lies and brainwashing by religion". I just wanted to drink my mixed beverage and enjoy my friends show. The lady came off as a zealot for atheism......Needless to say the only word I could summon for her was...Douche.

Dear Disenthral,
Read my book (quite aggressive an offer ;) ) and I'm sure you'll find plenty of heart-sweetening and mind-nourishing material. Do please give it a try, send it to that atheist you met or anyone of the kind bothering you. I have spent 4 years, reading day and night, researching authentic journals and a wide range of books to write this book ! It's all yours... for free... and for mutual learning.

Yours

Take care.

I wonder if it has a sociolists' point of view or if it is written with a more linguistic perspective in mind. Other than that I'm not really interested.

Thank you Peder and I'm quite confident too that atheism has definitely found 'its place' in my book. Do pop in and see...your wise evaluation counts.

Best,

Abdullah

Thanks for your kind reply. I might just look in, despite my tall reading stack. A calm and enlightening treatment of the subject wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cheers!

I wonder if it has a sociolists' point of view or if it is written with a more linguistic perspective in mind. Other than that I'm not really interested.

Welcome Polly
The best way to make sure is to have a look :) yet you will find linguistic analyses, etymologies, and a section on the problemtaic nature of metaphore and linguistic representation of reality when speaking of divine attributes... and how Islam solves this problem. I'm perfectly open to any differing views, just make the leap and see whether it's worth the four years I spent on it :flowers:​

Thanks for your kind reply. I might just look in, despite my tall reading stack. A calm and enlightening treatment of the subject wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cheers!

That's kind of you too. Believe me, you have made a wise decision. As you read more, you will see why.

Stay sound and safe.

That's kind of you too. Believe me, you have made a wise decision. As you read more, you will see why.

Stay sound and safe.

Just to clarify, I am not an atheist (as my friends here already know), but I do believe that a reasoned expostion of atheism also has a place in the world.

Thanks again for your kindness.

I am not an atheist

I sensed that from the way you write and reply. Some atheists may sound very kind, but kindness in its purity is the hallmark of faithful hearts. Once you've read through the book, you will find a good reason to believe that there's more to life than what meets the eye. ;)

Are you saying that atheists are evil beings incapable of any form of compassion whose aim it is to fool those who believe that they are kind and thoughtful? Ever so biased.

Are you saying that atheists are evil beings incapable of any form of compassion whose aim it is to fool those who believe that they are kind and thoughtful? Ever so biased.

Dear Polly,
I didn't put it the way you put it :).
Never mind, to answer your question: nationwide surveys - many of which qouted in my book- reveal considerbale disparities between believers and nonbelievers when it comes to moral genuinness.

Take care.

Dear Polly,
I didn't put it the way you put it :).
Never mind, to answer your question: nationwide surveys - many of which qouted in my book- reveal considerbale disparities between believers and nonbelievers when it comes to moral genuinness.

Take care.

Surveys conducted by whom?

........nationwide surveys - many of which qouted in my book- reveal considerbale disparities between believers and nonbelievers when it comes to moral genuinness.

Take care.
"Nationwide surveys" are nothing but stats, and stats and that type of report are quite susceptible to twisting and seeding. Not only in my opinion, but common knowledge I might add.

No, I'm not an atheist, I am a Christian, but some of the finest and most morally upstanding people I have known in my life have been atheists. I cannot say the same for some that purport to be Christians.

Surveys conducted by whom?

Dear Polly,
This is why I'm posting the book my friend, therein you'll find what you need to know. Daily experience (or common knowledge to follow pontalba), the language of facts, and insights from anthropolgists such as James Leuba and others.

Sincerely yours,

Abdullah :flowers:

"Nationwide surveys" are nothing but stats, and stats and that type of report are quite susceptible to twisting and seeding. Not only in my opinion, but common knowledge I might add.

No, I'm not an atheist, I am a Christian, but some of the finest and most morally upstanding people I have known in my life have been atheists. I cannot say the same for some that purport to be Christians.

Thank you pontalba. Indeed, your considerate remark shows one facet of your clement character ;).
...but please remember that there's always room for more genuinnness, especially for those who sincerely believe in immortality and the infinitude of goodness.

My own curiosity would be to discover what the attraction is that so many atheists claim to know so very much about Christianity and then try to tell me what my beliefs are, or must be. I'd be happy with a live-and-let-live attitude.

:flowers:

My own curiosity would be to discover what the attraction is that so many atheists claim to know so very much about Christianity and then try to tell me what my beliefs are, or must be. I'd be happy with a live-and-let-live attitude.

:flowers:

Interesting. Qoute from my book:

"A subtle argument that can be made here is that humans
cannot resist passing judgments about being and the universe.
They pass judgments on life, on the meaning of the universe,
on morality, and so forth. In many, if not all, cases such
judgments are unmistakably universal and assertive as if we
were in charge of interpreting everything that happens around
us. The way we utter such judgments carries an aura of
dominance and vanity as if we had the clout to determine the
course of things or the right to subject other people's lives to
our own personal worldviews.
In this sense, even atheists to the core, who despise to give
morality any transcendent interpretation, fall into the trap of
passing inclusive judgments on people's lives and what they
should believe. They deny Allah and assume his role; they
reject the revealed religion and inject their own version of
what it means to be religious. The very act of passing (quasi)
universal judgements on life, people, and morality is an
exercise which will always be abused by humans and,
consequently, shall remain an ill-begotten right
".

(The Only Way Out, p. 291).

Back