• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

plot ideas, conflict ideas.

huxley

i'm either looking for a link to a web site where I can find a list on different conflits for stories.
or we could share ideas on the conflits we observed through films or books we read.

i'll start the list:

revenge.
kidnaping.
disaster
buryed threasure/destination story.

want are some more conflict ideas the you've seen.

I think this would be the appropriate place to mention a piece of advice I heard from one of the makers of the TV show M*A*S*H* when I was watching one of the 30th Anniversary shows. It went something along the lines of "Always put your characters where they least want to be."

To add to the list...
Unwanted marriage
War
Poverty
Imprisonment
Injustice
Illness
Death of a loved one

I can't make any offerings without knowing what sort of story you're going for. My things tend to follow a bit of a theme that most people tend to not want to take part in, so I can't say what I'd go with. Could you tell me about your characters a little?

Well, in the book I'm writing, most of the conflict comes from the realisation that the organised religeon of the people on the planet has been covering up some dirty secret,

so I'll add:
Religeous conflict
fear of conspiricy / paranoia

I think this would be the appropriate place to mention a piece of advice I heard from one of the makers of the TV show M*A*S*H* when I was watching one of the 30th Anniversary shows. It went something along the lines of "Always put your characters where they least want to be."

Funny you should mention M*A*S*H. I had an idea for a killer plot line for that show. Maybe they even did it (I never saw every episode, to my undying shame). But anyway...

Hawkeye draws the short straw and has to go with Frank on a trip to another hospital. Midway, they get shelled, their Jeep crippled, and Hawkeye is wounded. He is conscious but in a bad way. The drama: Frank must try to save Hawkeye's life, despite their mutual antipathy and Hawkeye's deep scorn of Frank's medical skills. Hawkeye doesn't want Frank touching him, Frank would rather not, but in the end both realise that help won't arrive in time. Meanwhile the enemy are still somewhere out there.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure they must have done this at some point!

I can't make any offerings without knowing what sort of story you're going for.

I doubt huxley is planning to write a story. Perhaps he is. It's just that he has this knack of asking people to compile lists and never returning to acknowledge them.

Back