• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poem: Dance

tugger

DANCE

I only know this vision of you comes to me:

Under stars
Of a bright, black sky you dance
Barefoot on the shiny meadow.
Your eyes are closed.

Your arms are outstretched.
Your hands are gracefully limp.
You are no longer in need of breath.
You are hearing the perfect song.

If I wait,
The sun may never rise.
And I may never embrace you,
Your hair against my cheek.

And if I don't wait,
You may dissolve in my arms,
Leaving only the shadows
Of your words to comfort me.

--tugger

I think its awesome, is there someone in particular you wrote it for? you should try entering that is some contests!

TMG: Certainly you may.

Thank you all for the kind words.

The poem was written while thinking of a particular person, but I wanted it to represent that universal moment when the object of desire is there, but so much desired that you are frozen between whether to go for it and possibly spoil everthing or hold back and live with the beautiful sorrow of never knowing. :eek:

tugger said:
but so much desired that you are frozen between whether to go for it and possibly spoil everthing or hold back and live with the beautiful sorrow of never knowing. :eek:

Those words are even more lovely than your poem. :)

Nice to learn that men have doubts too. ;)

Third Man Girl

No, no, no, no, no ... let's not start any competition thing. I'm not into that.
Just that you would compare me to TMG is extremely flattering. Thank you!
:)

tugger said:
No, no, no, no, no ... let's not start any competition thing. I'm not into that.
Just that you would compare me to TMG is extremely flattering. Thank you!

Martin,

Just that you would compare me to TUGGER is extremely flattering. Thank you!

Third Man Girl

No thanks. I think it's just so cool to have so many talented people in here all of a sudden. You guys (and others) are great additions to this lovely place, and thank you guys for that!

Oh, and this: There's just so much that I don't know about you.

Cheers, Martin :D

Not sure if you're even still around to read this. I'm wondering if you really even need the first line. It seems a little unnecessary to me. In all, though, I like the poem a lot, as well as some others of yours I've discovered. :)

Ches

Back