• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poem: Distance

tugger

DISTANCE

Funny how
words on a page
can play games
with distance.

You can be
worlds away,
then, suddenly
before me.

Shining
on every
missing piece
inside me.

Here, now,
it's rainy
morning, and
stoney grey,

While there
you gather up
the pale sun of
afternoon.

There is
no distance
like that of
separation.

But see,
this poem
has come to sit
beside you,

You've tugged
its mood
and simple sounds
toward you,

To bring
a lonely,
sad, bit of me
to touch you.

- tugger

"Tingling" is good. :) :) :)

Thank you for that.

And, you know what? The stanza you like was the last stanza I wrote. ;)

I suppose because it's such a strong visual image, with just the right amount of metaphor and subtlety.

Wow, this is amazing! :eek: I hadn't read your poem this morning before posting mine. What an act to follow!!! Most descriptive adjective I can come up with for it: inspiring!

p.s. Do you write short stories/novels? Just curious because the depth of insight you offer is incredible (as in, I only hope I can do with characters what you manage to do with poetry).

Salvaged said:
Wow, this is amazing! :eek: I hadn't read your poem this morning before posting mine. What an act to follow!!! Most descriptive adjective I can come up with for it: inspiring!

p.s. Do you write short stories/novels? Just curious because the depth of insight you offer is incredible (as in, I only hope I can do with characters what you manage to do with poetry).

Thanks so much for your encouragement. :) I really liked Appeal of the Flame. I'm anxious to read more of your work.

I've never written a short story. I've thought about writing a novel but it just seems like such a huge undertaking. Don't know if I'm ready yet. :eek:

Thanks again, Salvaged! :D

warm_enema said:
tugger:
i know it is off topic. what part of mo. are at? i've got some kin folk there.

No offense, but Missouri is about as specific as I want to be on here. ;)

Just got to read your poem. Wow. That is excellent, and I agree, please keep sharing!

I agree with Ashlea about her favorite stanza...very powerful/subtle mix there.

VTChEwbecca said:
Just got to read your poem. Wow. That is excellent, and I agree, please keep sharing!

I agree with Ashlea about her favorite stanza...very powerful/subtle mix there.

Thanks for your encouragement. It's funny how it's the stanzas that just fall into place without much thought that are often the most effective ones. :)

Back