• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Politically oriented toons

SFG75

I enjoy reading politically oriented toons like Doonsbury, Non Sequitor, as well as Mallard Fillmore. There is a liberal publication in the states known as In These Times which is really good and features many others. Does anyone know of any comic books or "regular" books filled with toons of a political nature? Perhaps websites even? I'd also be interested in toons from a foreign perspective. Do share. :cool:

I've got this cartoonist who draws on current political stuff in Malaysia. Trouble with political cartoons is it has to be in context - I just saw a strip today that actually made me laugh, but if you're not following the news here, you wouldn't know what the heck it's about.

I'll look around and see if there's a link to that strip I was talking about.

ds

Sounds good-a picture is literally worth a thousand words. I check the comics section after I read the front page and opinion pages respectively. Nothign like a little humor to get your day going.

The Boondocks is good for sharp political commentary. And Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida also dabbles in the subject, although more of religious nature than worldly one.

This Modern World by Tom Tomorrow
Get Your War On by David Rees
La Cucaracha by Lalo Alcaraz

How could i forget This Modern World? I love that one!. I've heard of Boondocks before, but haven't seen it other than online and a short write-up in Time. :cool:

Assorted cartoonists here

and here this one has cartoonists from all over the world.

Sutton Impact (what Tom Tomorrow has in subtlety this one has in raunch)*sorry no link for this one
Bizarro (not usually political)
Clay Bennett

and without a doubt if you only look at one check out Mark Fiore's animated toons.

Back