• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poltical Thriller

Don't know if it counts as a political thriller, but it's a thriller with a lot of politics involved...

Sidney Sheldon's Best Laid Plans

what cames to mind its "the man" and "the r document" by irving wallace

i dont know if "the 2nd lady" counts as a political thriller, probably more a cold war spyonage thriller
anyone knows about classification?

Well the most critically acclaimed political thriller of all time is 'The Day of the Jackal' by Frederick Forsyth, which literally changed the landscape of british thrillers when it came out in 1971. Id say my favourite is The Odessa File by the same authour.

I have bought, but not read, Deception Point by Dan Brown, and I know it has politics involved. Chances are I will like it. Nevermind all the negatives you could point out about Brown's writing; the fast pace and obscure facts hook me.

The "classics" are prolly Seven Days in May by F. Knebel, The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon, and Fail Safe by Eugene Burdick and Harvey Wheeler.

Back